Softmod HDD upgrade

oneman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anybody every managed to lock a new HDD drive using XboxHDM ?

I have tried 6 different motherboard, starting with brand new and stretching back 7 or 8 years.

In the end I had to use a modded XBox to do the procedure.

Has anybody every managed to lock a new HDD drive using XboxHDM ?

I have tried 6 different motherboard, starting with brand new and stretching back 7 or 8 years.

In the end I had to use a modded XBox to do the procedure.

works ok for me. done two now

which motherboard / chipset are you using ?

Thanks,

Asus motherboard with VIA chipset

Do you know what model.

I have been reading quiet a lot about this and basically it all seems to boil down to if your M/B support the HDD locking function or not. Strangely the older motherboards are more likely to support this function then newer ones.

Do you know what model.

I have been reading quiet a lot about this and basically it all seems to boil down to if your M/B support the HDD locking function or not. Strangely the older motherboards are more likely to support this function then newer ones.

i can confirm my asus mb with a via chipset will lock hdd

Do you know what model.

I think it's an A718X. I'm sure I've also locked a drive using a Dell Optiplex PC

I might well be doing something wrong.

I have tried GX1, 110, 150 and a 260 and non of them work.

Any chance you can have a quick look in system summary because I could not find any reference to that board on the Asus web site.

Thanks

I might well be doing something wrong.

I have tried GX1, 110, 150 and a 260 and non of them work.

Any chance you can have a quick look in system summary because I could not find any reference to that board on the Asus web site.

Thanks

I either locked it with a GX 240, 270 or 280 can't remember now

The Asus is an old socket A board - It was an A7N8X not an A718X

Thanks for the info,

I will try a GX280 when I get a chance and also see if I have any NForce2 motherboard lying about.

Back