Softcam-feed problem OpenATV 6.3

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm having problems again with a zgemma H5-2tc. I've just flashed it with openATV 6.3 and installed the softcam-feed.
I've tried 3.0....4.3 r2 re r4 Universal 6 plus.
I then installed the only mgcamd available which is 1.45.
After this I drop my working mg_cfg and newcamd.list in usr/keys then restart the cam using the red button or blue button but I get sweet FA clearing.

Both mg_cfg and newcamd.list are working.
Please someone tell me were tf I'm going wrong. I've done this a thousand times on the old 1.35, 1.38 but I'm stumped here.
If I uninstall 1.45 and install 1.38 r2 .ipk it doesnt show up anywere to let me restart the cam.
I can't for the love of me how to do it especially if I can only get 1.45 showing up in the boxes menu's but wont work

Were is the mgcamd1.45 in the box ?.
I installed it via plugins softcam but I cant find it it's not in /etc

Last edited:
Ok thanks will look in a bit,
Question:
Which softcam-feed should I use
Which mgcamd should I be using ?
Were does the mg_cfg - newcamd.list go using openATV 6.3 and the newer mgcamd?
var/keys
I'm baffled

Last edited:
Im using 1.45rc-r4.0

yes /var/keys for both files mate.

Are you looking how to start it? If you cant see it by pressing blue, then go to menu > setup > decryption & parental control > softcam setup

Hope that helps.

look in /tmp folder

check the 2 files mgcamd creates when it starts

will give you reason for failure to connect

or one step further is setup a syslog server on a PC, configure mgamd to send logs to said server starts it and you will see all reason for failure

I managed it, were I think the problem lied was in settings backup.
I used a settings backup from 6.1.

I made then reflashed and installed the settings. Everytime I tried to install 1.45 it wouldn't work.

I had to reflash the box again but dont use the settings backup. When I did this it worked first time
That's the last time I use a settings backup

Well I thought it was, this is p#ssin me off no end. Now firstly, I've done this hundreds of times if not thousands, installing, editing, etc never had a problem. So today I got hold of a H1 just for the back room.
Fresh install openATV 6.3 no backups.
I installs softcam-feed 4.3 r4
Reboots
Installs
Reboots
Ftp over my working mg_cfg and newcamd.list to the H1 var/keys

These are 100% workers as they are from another box upstairs and just to be belt and braces I turned the upstairs off.

So then i install abm and get fta working, internet working to box checked restart cam via red button, jack sh1t.
I then gets a H5 . Backs it up , I then reflash it from scratch like the H1 I used the working mg_cfg newcamd.list ftp'ed to var/keys and feck all again !!!.
If I start up the kids room box on openATV 6.1 the same mg_cfg newcamd.list it works fine using the older 1.38.
Please someone explain to me wtf I'm doing wrong:-
Which softcam-feed revision should I be using ?
I'm currently using
softcam-feed-universal_4.3-r4_all.ipk
via ftp to hard drive then install via blue button
Then reboot and install mgcamd 1.45c-r4.0 using plugins download/softcams

mg_cfg and newcamd.list are then both dropped into var/keys via PC and ftp like I said these 2 work in another box.
I've even tried another mg_cfg but if you want to pm me the text for it I'll paste it in.
I'm really fed up trying now and I've not a clue as to why and why on 2 different boxes both clean installs

The softcam feed just provides access to ipks.

What is the date of the image you are flashing?
What happens if you start mgcamd using the command line?

Well I thought it was, this is p#ssin me off no end. Now firstly, I've done this hundreds of times if not thousands, installing, editing, etc never had a problem. So today I got hold of a H1 just for the back room.
Fresh install openATV 6.3 no backups.
I installs softcam-feed 4.3 r4
Reboots
Installs
Reboots
Ftp over my working mg_cfg and newcamd.list to the H1 var/keys

These are 100% workers as they are from another box upstairs and just to be belt and braces I turned the upstairs off.

So then i install abm and get fta working, internet working to box checked restart cam via red button, jack sh1t.
I then gets a H5 . Backs it up , I then reflash it from scratch like the H1 I used the working mg_cfg newcamd.list ftp'ed to var/keys and feck all again !!!.
If I start up the kids room box on openATV 6.1 the same mg_cfg newcamd.list it works fine using the older 1.38.
Please someone explain to me wtf I'm doing wrong:-
Which softcam-feed revision should I be using ?
I'm currently using
softcam-feed-universal_4.3-r4_all.ipk
via ftp to hard drive then install via blue button
Then reboot and install mgcamd 1.45c-r4.0 using plugins download/softcams

mg_cfg and newcamd.list are then both dropped into var/keys via PC and ftp like I said these 2 work in another box.
I've even tried another mg_cfg but if you want to pm me the text for it I'll paste it in.
I'm really fed up trying now and I've not a clue as to why and why on 2 different boxes both clean installs

Is it not to be in /usr/keys ?

The way that softcams are used changed a few months ago in OpenATV. If you try an ipk for an old way on an image that uses the new method it won't work.

The way that softcams are used changed a few months ago in OpenATV. If you try an ipk for an old way on an image that uses the new method it won't work.
I seem to remember something were there was an ipk that updated the plugins downloads on all images or am I dreaming ?.

I would start afresh. Don't reuse old settings. Any cams should be from the plugin server. Don't use ipks you downloaded previously unless you are certain that it is for the image version you are using.

Upload your mg_cfg for others to check. It might be the B value. Autodetect does not work on all receivers.

Back