Softcam Advice

t20009

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys, just want to know if mgcamd will work in vu solo 4k? If so what version,and with what image??

Yes there is a modified version that works with the ARM7 processor personally though why not use a softcam thats still fully supported like Oscam in fact thats the only one still supported

I have oscam in the 4k as it is but lots of freezing /glitching etc. The lines flawless in vu solo 2 using mgcamd so i wante to try it in the 4k. Can u tell me where i can find the modified version? And any install tips i'd need to know?

I have uploaded the .ipk installers for nearly all images : Mgcamd 1.35a

Personally it sounds like you have not set Oscam up correctly as i have Zero problems on mine, I would stick with getting Oscam working 100% as shortly most images will eventually lose functionality for older Cams that are not maintained anymore

@t20009, In /etc/tuxbox (at least on vix) you have a file called oscam.conf. This file has a boxtype setting and mine is set at dreambox (which is a broadcam processor) so my solo2 works fine with it. There must be a box setting for solo4k which has an arm processor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same setting - Dreambox which runs on Enigma2 on Solo4K

Thank you for all the info guys, boxtype is dreambox, but if oscam setups wrong..Maybe I need to just figure it all out.

I'm just playing with openspa back up image from masterg and it has mgcamd 1.35a installed. Oscam was glitching until I loaded by known working configs.

Thank you for all the info guys, boxtype is dreambox, but if oscam setups wrong..Maybe I need to just figure it all out.
Your boxtype shouldn't be dreambox I would say as that's for broadcom processors i'm assuming. The solo4k has an arm processor.

Here is what I found

boxtype = dbox2|dreambox|dm7000|duckbox|ufs910|ipbox|ipbox-pmt|qboxhd|coolstream|neumo|pc

So if it can be one of them try (guess here) coolstream.

Also ensure you have an solo4k compatible oscam. Is it not in feeds as I would think oscam in feeds would be compatible with arm processors

Ensure you make any changes to files using a linux compatible editor like Notepad++

Last edited:
The easiest way is to load a back up image with mgcamd pre installed if your new, black hole images and openspa and I think vti. Vix has it working but only on certain versions.

Oscam can be downloaded from feeds for 4k it usually says ie. Vix, vti, openatv. Just depends on choice of image you choose.

Thank once again guys.Another question?
What is the vu solo 4k oscam version to use?

Your boxtype shouldn't be dreambox I would say as that's for broadcom processors i'm assuming. The solo4k has an arm processor.

Here is what I found

boxtype = dbox2|dreambox|dm7000|duckbox|ufs910|ipbox|ipbox-pmt|qboxhd|coolstream|neumo|pc

So if it can be one of them try (guess here) coolstream.

Also ensure you have an solo4k compatible oscam. Is it not in feeds as I would think oscam in feeds would be compatible with arm processors

Ensure you make any changes to files using a linux compatible editor like Notepad++

As Stated before Dreambox is the correct setting as the Solo4K runs Enigma2 images only the binary oscam file is different (arm7)

Thank once again guys.Another question?
What is the vu solo 4k oscam version to use?

There is one in the downloads section if you care to take a look: https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/3884/

Last edited by a moderator:
Back