Soccer Manager Online DW League now live :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
barca just bid 59m!!! for torres!!! surely that has to be accepted the absolute limit my chairman will allow!

chelsea have an old team surely cant know that kind of cash back?

barca just bid 59m!!! for torres!!! surely that has to be accepted the absolute limit my chairman will allow!

chelsea have an old team surely cant know that kind of cash back?

I think they could be a few managers next season without any money, as they spend it all this season. So i'll be able to buy some players as they'll need the cash lol

haha, to be fair you will have company as there are currently 3 players in div2 altough i think 2 of them will come up Aye 1 of them me ;-)

arsenal look certs to go down with you, and im hopefull of filling all the teams...

The problem is guys i can only add managers in the close season which in reality is about 10 days, so if anyone doesnt have a team and wants one let me know ASAP! :)
With you ? ya got me mixed up as i'm on the way up not down :proud: ;)

Last edited:
guys just a heads up, the final league game of the season is the 26th May i think... so that being the case new league is generally 2 weeks after this date obviously you keep the same teams, im hopefull of getting both leagues fully managed, if im not about send scott an email (the arsenal manager) or pm me on soccermanager...

if new members want to join pm scottymo for details...

i should stress i can only add managers in between league seasons once the season starts i cant add anymore.

Last edited:
Count me in for next season! I'm on a shit run losing everything but I'm enjoying it

......and maybe liverpool too

Lol, got it wrong there Colin :proud:. Got my formation and my squad bang on now and am on a bit of a roll. 4 game winning streak, beat Celtic, Spurs, Madrid and Bayern.

Should be safe hopefully. Though I've opened my fat mouth and I'll start losing.

Chelsea doing an Arsenal! Starting to bottle it!

Couldnt even beat bottom of league Rangers last night!

Knew it was a mistake to sell Drogba before season finished!

Chelsea doing an Arsenal! Starting to bottle it!

Couldnt even beat bottom of league Rangers last night!

Knew it was a mistake to sell Drogba before season finished!

I made the same mistake with Ferdinand.

Luckily Colin and his Barca boys bottled it too, so no harm done!

Would like to wrap up the title at Celtic park though if I could!

Glad to see Liverpool climbing the table too!:Clap:

Luckily Colin and his Barca boys bottled it too, so no harm done!

Would like to wrap up the title at Celtic park though if I could!

Glad to see Liverpool climbing the table too!:Clap:

You're not the only one. Just managed to find the right formation and players and seems to be paying off. Got Colin's Barcelona next, might end my little winning streak.

You're not the only one. Just managed to find the right formation and players and seems to be paying off. Got Colin's Barcelona next, might end my little winning streak.

TBH lads, the game is complete bullshit. Set your team up very defensive, and counter attack, and you will win the majority of games, even with 10 men!

Its not a true reflection of how football is. I will say it again, but I feel that some of us have been mislead to say the least. I know the celtic manager is very experienced at this game, and thats how he sets his team up.

League should be reset, and start from scratch, to give everyone a fair crack, as clearly some people are using knowledge to their advantage, and keeping certain points of interest to themselves.

TBH lads, the game is complete bullshit. Set your team up very defensive, and counter attack, and you will win the majority of games, even with 10 men!

Its not a true reflection of how football is. I will say it again, but I feel that some of us have been mislead to say the least. I know the celtic manager is very experienced at this game, and thats how he sets his team up.

League should be reset, and start from scratch, to give everyone a fair crack, as clearly some people are using knowledge to their advantage, and keeping certain points of interest to themselves.

Well I kind of agree with you that the game in some aspects is bullshit. But I have to say once you find the right formation and squad you should be okay. I tried all sorts of formations, 4-3-3, 4-3-2-1, 3-5-2, and finally settled on 4-4-2. Keeping it simple and I've gone on a 5 match winning streak. That's all I've done to get where I am, no secrets.

Well I kind of agree with you that the game in some aspects is bullshit. But I have to say once you find the right formation and squad you should be okay. I tried all sorts of formations, 4-3-3, 4-3-2-1, 3-5-2, and finally settled on 4-4-2. Keeping it simple and I've gone on a 5 match winning streak. That's all I've done to get where I am, no secrets.

Trust me mate, there are people playing who have an unfair knowledge advantage. I have tried multiple formations. I beat you at Goodison, and Lost at Anfield. Fair enough.

What I have a problem with is a team like celtic, who are very defensive, play counter attack, have 10 men for most of the game, and run out 0-4 winners away from home. Did I also mention they had about 6 shots, and scored 4!

Thats just one example. I hate to highlight the celtic team and manager, but I know that they have played before, and know the game much better than the rest of us. Does no one else find it funny that Colin picked Barcelona? 5 People picked before him, so he picked 6th and had Barca, surely he should of gone last? I aint picking on Colin, hes a great guy, and this is one of the best things hes come up with. However the game is seriously flawed.

I lost to a team with 10 men, had 1 shot on goal, I had 20+ and they scored, and won 1-0. Now how does that add up?

Trust me mate, there are people playing who have an unfair knowledge advantage. I have tried multiple formations. I beat you at Goodison, and Lost at Anfield. Fair enough.

What I have a problem with is a team like celtic, who are very defensive, play counter attack, have 10 men for most of the game, and run out 0-4 winners away from home. Did I also mention they had about 6 shots, and scored 4!

Thats just one example. I hate to highlight the celtic team and manager, but I know that they have played before, and know the game much better than the rest of us. Does no one else find it funny that Colin picked Barcelona? 5 People picked before him, so he picked 6th and had Barca, surely he should of gone last? I aint picking on Colin, hes a great guy, and this is one of the best things hes come up with. However the game is seriously flawed.

I lost to a team with 10 men, had 1 shot on goal, I had 20+ and they scored, and won 1-0. Now how does that add up?

Mate,

As a man who just got his team relegated I'd normally be jumping on this but honestly there is nothing in it.

I've been playing the game for over 2 years, have won things and lost things aplenty.

Believe me there is no fixed tactic to guarantee success. You buy the players and set the team to suit. After that you take into account condition, morale and form of both your side and the opposition.

The Celtic manager is good but he plays a very different style in another league I'm in with him so a special formula it ain't

TBH the game is a bit of fun that has inspired a bit of banter between participants and if anything the second season will be better as we all settle down and player trading begins in earnest both in this league and the real world.

There are expressions of interest for the unmanaged teams already for season 2 so be a shame not to see it through.

As I say I have tons of experience and I got Arsenal relegated lol but there really are no secrets. The game has a forum. Most tips are gleaned there in terms of upcoming stars etc

Failing that I am on hand for anyone who wishes to ask a question (altho as The Relegated One take it with a pinch of salt ha ha !!)

Hope to see you all in season 2 and good luck for the remainder of this season :Clap:

Jan it's true, this is first time I've ever played the game and my team are top

I beat barca 5-0 couple of games ago but have just failed to beat rangers!

think the best thing to do is not pay too much attention to the match reports!

I've seen plenty where one team has 5 shots and score 5 while the opposition has 25 shots and scores none!

It's been fun but if I don't go on to win the league I'll spit my dummy lol

I agree its been fun, thats why I aint taking my ball home :)

Im up for the second season, dont care if its in division 2 lol.

Another week down. Arsenal finding their feet a little too late!

Chelsea allowing Colin's Barca to take top spot? Whats that about lol

I've got Man Utd tonight in the Semi's of Europe. Be ironic if I win that after being relegated!

Colin seems to reckon he has this league in the bag. I reckon Man Utd and Chelsea might have something to say . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back