• Yes, just another game console to me, or upgrading from a different UMPC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but with Windows, or dual-boot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

UltimaXtreme

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm not going to waste time looking up if anyone else is discussing this, because they're posting in the wrong area no matter what. This is the Steam Machine and SteamOS subforum.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Regardless of what Valve's saying, is anyone aiming for the 64GB model? Listening to grapevines, people have theories of adding in a 2230 M.2 drive of their own, on top of the 64GB eMMC model, plus the microSD card slot. There's a definite chance of doing a native dual-boot of Windows on the 64GB, then SteamOS on the M.2, and swapping the microSD based on whether you need your Linux game storage via EXT3/4 or a Windows library in NTFS or exFAT. More hilarious are people intending to play VR with this thing. Quest 2-native Beat Saber will probably look and feel better than this thing running the game over USB-C and compression, for what, 2 hours?

What are people's experiences with the eons-old builds of SteamOS we've had until now? Does this new SteamOS look appealing? Best to ask, hence the poll, are you getting one?

Back