So called “new” scare tactics for EPL/Champions league streamers.

river4ever

river4ever
Reaction score
As expected the courts have allowed blocking on streams of EPL for the new footie season coming.
But without laughing out to loud apparently this new tactic of blocking the servers rather than ISPs blocking the stream.
So a VPN wont work. LOL.

It was news released recently by.....
UK High Court grants new order to stop illegal Premier League streams | Daily Mail Online
This tactic was used in the later parts of the football season (17/18) and failed flat on its face with some streaming providers after a bit of knowledge.
I do think this will be most aggressive attack from the powers above in the coming months to stop persons watching “premier league & champions league” football without paying a fortune.
The war on copyright streaming is well underway and with the encryption on CAM on 28.2°e and vermin taking an approach for customers to take cardless boxes it seems an interesting future will lay ahead.

Last edited:
But as a VPN opens access to restricted sites and the servers are held in countries that don't give a poo, I think it will make little difference.

But as a VPN opens access to restricted sites and the servers are held in countries that don't give a poo, I think it will make little difference.
That is not the case.
Last seasons streams were blocked on footie and only them streams were blocked that hosted EPL games. You were still able to watch other streams.
A VPN did bypass this hassle, but shortly after the servers were blocked.
Hiding with flare did not fix the issue and other means were implemented and all was ok.
(after complete blackout)
This is refference to “one” provider and i know other providers were unable to bypass servers being blocked.
Most of them were free source streams.
A good IP*V supplier should drop off the radar and block VPNs.
If supplier asks for VPN
(most likely uk/eire) the IP address should be given with your username to prevent DDoS.
(most do this now)

But for sure those who have not been affected will “soon” enough.

Last edited:
Blocking of the server wont work permanently. Hiding behind a CDN would resolve the issue, or spinning up something on AWS, multiple ways around the blocking, and that's what's so funny, that these technology firms believe a high court order for blocking is going to stop people. Site blocking has worked so well within the UK on torrent sites after all ><

warner brothers sony uefa etc all join in lol

yip a good few been taken down lol

early days pretty sure watching them going down will be better viewing than the product on show lol

This will always be a cat and mouse game, new techniques to stream the games to create revenue for the streamers and new detection techniques will be created by Sky, Virgin, BT etc to combat these streams.

But can't see it really making any real dent in this industry, people will just adapt. My 2p, create a solid product at a fair price!

plenty of hd working streams posted over on Reddit last night which were flawless for the whole match. No VPN's needed either.

Last edited:
Back