SNR staying at 29%

Look
54124f05be2646b381805753bac034f3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Beginning to give up on it.
Made new connections everything is the way it should be.
Connectors are tight.

thank fook there a sat tuner on it.

Install openatv see how that goes

I flashed originally with openATV.
I thought that might of been the problem. So I flashed it with openVIX mate.
Still no difference.
i was beginning to think it was faulty tuner.
As you posted mate yours is the way it should be.
But when I disconnect the splitter and give direct connection I have no issues.
It's looking like there's not enough feed coming in to run both modem and receiver.
As I just have broadband.

Its driving me nuts. LOL.
not missing much as I have the sat tuner but cable tuner is useless.
And cable tuner will become more important in the future as we all know.

Have you tried a different splitter it could be that which is causing issue

hey guys - i was having issues with cable tuner on a vu+ultimo, now it was suggested by someone that my signal comimng in was too low i was getting no picture on some channels and very low snr level ie 60-69%, i was advised to buy the yellow konig signal amplifier which i did, infact it made the signal worse and never fixed my problem, i changed the splitter, cables , f connectors etc but still the same. i was going to get a new box, but since these vu+ultimos are a few years old now, it turns out the tuner was faulty, i managed to get a new unused vu+cable tuner from a vu+duo2, bunged that in my vu+ultimo and hey presto...everyy channel is on SNR of 99%...all working fine now...so it turns out that the konig amplifier that i still have wasnt faulty as suggested by some members but it was infact the faulty tuner, that was the culprit...since you have tried evrything, i can only assume it could be a faulty tuner, but dont hold me on that as i have no experience of zgemma boxes..thought id share my experience...hope you suss it out..

Get a Zgemma H5 it's crazier , it shows SNR 229% it's 2.29 stronger signal than all your sh!tty H2's lol

I flashed originally with openATV.
I thought that might of been the problem. So I flashed it with openVIX mate.
Still no difference.
i was beginning to think it was faulty tuner.
As you posted mate yours is the way it should be.
But when I disconnect the splitter and give direct connection I have no issues.
It's looking like there's not enough feed coming in to run both modem and receiver.
As I just have broadband.

Its driving me nuts. LOL.
not missing much as I have the sat tuner but cable tuner is useless.
And cable tuner will become more important in the future as we all know.
What is your SNR% when direct and when split (use the same channel for comparison). You do lose some strength/quality when splitting.

It's possible it's low to start with but not low enough for signal drop out when direct but obviously splitting it drops the signal further.

What is your SNR% when direct and when split (use the same channel for comparison). You do lose some strength/quality when splitting.

It's possible it's low to start with but not low enough for signal drop out when direct but obviously splitting it drops the signal further.
ok so turned it to channel 4 with the splitter on and it's 29% and picture breaks up.

I then took the splitter apart and gave direct connection to box on the same channel
(channel 4)
It still reads 29% but picture "does not" break up.
Is that correct splitter if so how can I fix this.

Attachments

• IMG_3339.JPG
    IMG_3339.JPG
    736.1 KB · Views: 12
Does the splitter state the loss in dB?

Have you got another or legit box (even if you have to borrow one), to check that Ch4 is okay and also double check you have correct area as some areas may have more than one choice (my area does).

when I split using the same splitter, channel 4 HD messes up for me even on the Tivo box

Splitters I use cover upto 24000mhz not sure what he difference is

Splitters I use cover upto 24000mhz not sure what he difference is

VM the same as Freeview only use the 200mhz- 800mhz frequecy range anything above this just allows External Noise into the mix.

And so official Splitters are 100-1000mhz range

My splitter covers 5 to 2400mhz is this good or bed for cable tv

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

My splitter covers 5 to 2400mhz is this good or bed for cable tv

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Would not worry @Napster if its working OK then leave it, Only reason to use a 1-1000mhz one is just to keep external interference to a minimum

Last edited by a moderator:
Would not worry @Napster if its working OK then leave it, Only reason to use a 1-1000mhz one is just to keep external interference to a minimum

if you was to get issues with it how would it show up, (freezing/pixels/etc etc) only ask because I get a bit of freezing now and then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Result!!!!
many thanks to all who put input to help.
(appreciated)

So I took box and splitter to another property. That property has both broadband and TV.
I connected it with my splitter and it was running perfect.
(Yet I would not in my property "broadband only")

i then took the splitter from the other property back home and used it and everything is now running 100%.
The splitter had attenuator attached to it.
It seems that has fixed the issue.

Also the SNR always stayed at 29% in both property's but does not freeze anymore.
Picture below fixed it for me.

Attachments

• IMG_3341.JPG
    IMG_3341.JPG
    954.9 KB · Views: 15
Result!!!!
many thanks to all who put input to help.
(appreciated)

So I took box and splitter to another property. That property has both broadband and TV.
I connected it with my splitter and it was running perfect.
(Yet I would not in my property "broadband only")

i then took the splitter from the other property back home and used it and everything is now running 100%.
The splitter had attenuator attached to it.
It seems that has fixed the issue.

Also the SNR always stayed at 29% in both property's but does not freeze anymore.
Picture below fixed it for me.

the SNR will be a software error mate...maybe driver related.
its not a true value of the signal your receiving.
since openvix 4.x on my Xtrend box the AGC never moves from 18%.

by fitting a anttenuator shows your incoming signal was to high for your box.
to much signal can be as bad as a low signal...
glad its all sorted m8.

Back