Snow help please

mygoose

Inactive User
Reaction score
We have a Technomate TM-5200D USB Super + connected to a Ferguson Digital TV FTVD521T(A).

The news channel we watch is Sky News which we have set on number 6 of the Technomate. We have the Technomate turned on all of the time.

We turn the TV on on its switch on the front of the TV and then on the TV remote on/off switch and usually Sky News comes straight on.

However, it’s started to come on as snow. I found quite by chance that if I then turn the Techomate off at its on/off switch and then back on again Sky News comes on.

Can you help please?

Thanks
mygoose

good evening
1 controlled if the scar cable is properly connected to the TV and Technomate
2 controlled the aerial cable
3 controlled the lnb

hello
cut with interupteur at the back of decoder
unplugged the antenna cable to
lit the decoder + - 2 minutes
turn off the decoder and reconnect the antenna cable to
This procedure resets the parameter of the decoder
good day

good evening
at the back of the decoder set for switch to off
unplugged the antenna cable to
interupteur placed back on it
putting into operation the decoder + - 2 minutes
stopped the decoder and reconnecting the antenna cable to
Now put the decoder in use
this operation can correct the bug decoder
sorry for my english I written in French and translated with google translator
good evening
handyman

simplest explanation
your decoder bug and this is the procedure for the bug corrger
you stopped your decoder
retre unplugged the electrical plug the antenna cable
reconnecting the electrical plug and turned the antenna disconnected for decoder + - 2 minutes
etindre the decoder and reconnecting the antenna cable to
Alume the decoder
* he fixed the bug should properly working again

Handyman

Hi again mygoose,

This could be very simple to correct if I'm reading your problem description properly...

When you switch your TV 'on' it sounds like the TV is not going to the correct A/V Input that the Technomate receiver is using... try pressing the A/V Input button on your TV remote control repeatedly (allow a few seconds in between presses) ...you will then see AV 1 / AV 2 / AV 3 etc. displayed on the TV screen... if the Technomate receiver is already switched 'on' the desired channel (Sky News) will/should appear on the TV screen on one of the A/V Inputs ~ AV 1 / AV 2 / AV 3 etc.

The easiest way to correct this problem is to put the Technomate receiver into standby mode before you switch your TV 'on'... then when your TV is 'on' press the power button on the Technomate remote control and the TV will then switch itself to the correct A/V Input used by the Technomate receiver.

I hope this helps...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited:
Hello Zorch

The first time I pressed the A/V Input button on the TV remote control Sky News came on and all is now fine.

You are a star once again Zorch - thank you.

mygoose

I would be glad of some help from Zorch again with my Technomate TM-5200D USB Super + connected to a Ferguson Digital TV FTVD521T(A).

It has been behaving since you helped my before but the other day I noticed that in the window where we normally have channel 6 (or the time) it had 88.88.
We have Sky News on channel 6 and that was working OK. I tried the up and down buttons on the box and nothing happened and the off button did not work either. I then decided to turn it off at the mains power but when I turned it back on the box will not come back at all. It is all off.

I would be glad of some help please.

Thanks
mygoose

Back