Smoking Ban

davi367

Inactive User
Reaction score
we have had the smoking ban here in Scotland for a couple of years now but now we have litter wardens since the 7th may. two stand outside Glasgow Central station giving out fixed penalty fines of £50 if you throw your cig end on the ground and they completely ignore the fast food cartons, disposable coffee cups and chip bags. and its no surprise that they also wear stab proof vests. issuing an on the spot fine to a drunk glaswegian on a friday or saturday night i think they will need them.

POWER TO THE PUFFERS

Although I'm a smoker I can't disagree with a smoking ban. I can still remember when my mum smoked around me as a kid, and I hated the smell. People are entitled to keep their health.

But litter wardens are yet another way of taxing people. The country is in big brother mode now and I cant see an end to it. Soon people will have no liberty left whatsoever.

i am a smoker 2 thy have got a point with the ban but the amount off money the goverment make on us is mad abroad its cheaper 2 smoke than eat .

4.50 a packet to smoke and a 50 pound fine 2 go with it

I've no problem with a smoking ban on health grounds - just as long as everyone else stops polluting the air by driving every damn where, polluting my food with additives and generally polluting the planet in an attempt to make it to hot, windy and wet for me - as surely they are just as bad for peoples health

I can understand the reasons for the banning but not for everywhere

even smoking in a works van is going to be illegal ... i can understand if others are in the van but what if you are the only person who uses the van, seems a bit unfair to me

personally think they are taking this way too far now

wait until they see how much money in taxes they will be losing and then decide to add more tax to other items to make up for it ... thats what will happen as they will have to get the money from somewhere

i got told that you can not smoke with passenger the car .ok if your a taxi driver .but not when i am with my girlfriend thats going 2 far .

l heard if u get stopped for smoking in a van u just eat it and theres nothing they can do .. better that a fine lol

dont worry folks it will all come an end when we become more like the us and have a bunch of mass murderers..we're all ready bunch of mad fooker who's fooked in the head and now we're slowly being push over the edge..

Last edited:
the ban is good up here especially in football grounds there is a guy who used 2 sit in front of me at Fir Park (Motherwell FC's ground for any1 not familiar with it) who had his head on upside down and smoked like a chimney when he was smoking 1 he was rolling up another how he seen the game throo the smoke is beyond me no the ban is in i can see the other end of the pitch lol although sumtimes i wish he cld smoke so i didnt have to see the other end haha

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

smoking makes me feel sick and the smell yuk

i love the ban in scotland , why should i breath in 2nd hand smoke when i dont want to and it makes me feel sick

BEST THING THATS HAPPENED IN SCOTLAND FOR A LONG TIME

i go out more now footie games, restuarants its BRILLIANT

I gave up smoking six months ago now and I actually believe the ban is a good thing so long as it is policed correctly. What annoys me is all this saving lives crap, how many people die by the hands of Drink drivers, how many A&E departments are full of piss heads at the weekend, how many innocent people have the shit kicked out of them for no reason at all by a piss head. Add to that the property that is damaged by these people, what is the governments response.....Open them for longer....

I gave up smoking six months ago now and I actually believe the ban is a good thing so long as it is policed correctly. What annoys me is all this saving lives crap, how many people die by the hands of Drink drivers, how many A&E departments are full of piss heads at the weekend, how many innocent people have the shit kicked out of them for no reason at all by a piss head. Add to that the property that is damaged by these people, what is the governments response.....Open them for longer....

couldnt agree more with you about drink . spot on post

All those other things are also illegal and would incur greater penalties than having a puff in a pub ................. if you get caught!

the bans best thing thats happened, people who dont smoke dont want to breath in your fumes, nor do kids, they should make smoking rooms in public areas for smokers, im no signing the petition,

Im not signing either because im a non-smoker. Just thought smokers might like to sign it.

we can smoke in cars up here just work transport is not legal but im a van driver and i smoke
even been stopped for being overloaded and spoke to police with smoke stick in hand he never commented

All those other things are also illegal and would incur greater penalties than having a puff in a pub ................. if you get caught!

Yeah but my point is that drinking is actively incouraged and I don't see why it should be any different to smoking. You still see drink adverts on TV, alcopops, what do you think would happen if they made melon flavoured fags and put them in colourful packaging.....I can't go down the high street with my family at night because of the piss heads now do you think that is fair?

Back