Other Smart watches

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
So i'm tied between the Huawei Watch 2 & the Samsung Galaxy gear s3. I have a galaxy j6 phone. If you had a choice which would you go for?

I looked at the gear S4 and Ticwatch pro. In the end went for the ticwatch pro as the reviews were good. Got mine for £185 on ebay.

How are you finding the Ticwatch Pro? Looking at getting one for Christmas

Its good so far. Battery life is not as good as they claimed. Having to charge every 2-3 days and I've turned of gestures and other setting that drain the battery. I like the clock faces and being able to change them but most smart watches do this. The Gear has a rotating bezel that lets you toggle through the settings which is a nice feature that the ticwatch does not have.

I think i've outruled the Samsung watch as it has Samsung pay and my bank doesn't support it and seems unlikely to support it in the near future! So that rules out anything thats not using android wear OS as my only 'must have feature' is android/google pay!

The Ticwatch Pro watch looks really amazing but how do you navigate the screen if it don't have the rotating feature?

What do you think of the Huawei watch 2?

Yep the Huawei watch 2 is my other option, I love my P20 Pro

"The Ticwatch Pro watch looks really amazing but how do you navigate the screen if it don't have the rotating feature? "

Touchscreen. The screen is large enough and easy to use. Another reason for Tic was it uses google pay.

I'm with Barclays who dont support android pay. I can use their own app on my phone to pay will I be able to do the same with the Ticwatch?

Just tried on the samasung galaxy gear s3 and really like it, love the dial type idea. Its a little bit big on my wrist but feel i could get used to it. It just has samsung pay and that just ruins the whole watch. If i didn't want the ability of android pay then the samsung gear S3/S4 would win.

Have found a shop nearby that has Huawei2 watches so will try tha next, probably on tuesday/wednesday.

just got a Huawei Watch 2 for 107
go to argos and add the watch and a Huawei Y7 both come to 189 and cex gave me 82 for phone

Update

I got to use the Huawei watch 2 bluetooth and now own one.

It was a close call between the Samsung and the Huawei! The Samsung is the better watch in my honest opinion but with Samsung pay not utilised by UK banks, one of the main samsung gear /s3/s4 features is redundant til banks allow this feature! The Samsung gear has a bigger watch face, the option to use the touch screen or navigate using the dial is a great feature. The health fitness apps seem easier to use ( might not be accurate according to the gadget show feature I just watched). The battery on the Samsung lasts longer than the Huawei, the charging stand for the samsung is better compared to the Huawei.

I'd have liked to have tried out the Ticwatch pro but sadly I could not find any shop near me that had one.

Back