Smart STB

chookey

I have spoken
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Been trying for over an hour to get this app to work. A guy is giving me a test but can't load his portal. Only an embedded portal is shown in the menu.

The app website gives me an activation code along with entering the mac address and portal url but nothing changes.
Any ideas?

Another problem now, audio is about 5 seconds later than the video. Reloaded and the sync is back so will just monitor it for now.

Last edited:
@chookey unaware if your have taken official line or just test line at the moment. As your using portal i personally do not like using them, although they are “not” as restrictive as they previously were.
But an app to consider on TV is “nanomid” app. They are on both samsung & LG tv’s now.
They are starting to become big now that they are on both TV brands, it will run of user/pass and not portal. That give you more flexibility than portals, app is free to test for 14 and is bit pricy at £10 for lifetime licence.
Not to many apps on samsung/LG for IP*V and SIP*V is probably worst app out there for TVs.
Just hearing good reports for “nanomid” app of recent.
F6C2846B-144E-4C82-95A0-3A5C67820771.png

Thanks for your useful reply @river4ever , unlike the clock before yours.
I have had an "official" line for quite some time now and use it on a mag 322. It's not the best out there but I've certainly tried worse. The line that is.
I'm an ex tv engineer, old school where we did board level repairs down to component level. I guess I have this idea of quality and expect to find it where the service just isn't capable of delivering it. IPTV is good but is far from flawless and to be fair shouldn't be expected to be at the price.

Mine is primarily for the football, boxing and golf so my Netflix and Prime are being well used for a change. I'm going to stick with my mag for now and am thinking of reading up on how to get it on my bedroom firestick. Apparently my provider does an m3u file as well so hopefully can swop between both devices.

If not impressed with the firestick I will look into your suggestion as my bedroom tv is LG.

Any other recomendations within Kodi on Nvidia Shield, as using IPTV and loading new list will require restart of Kodi and longer wait times to be able to use those lists?

Any other recomendations within Kodi on Nvidia Shield, as using IPTV and loading new list will require restart of Kodi and longer wait times to be able to use those lists?
why use kodi at all on shield when there is such a thing as xciptv.

Try tivimate on Nvidia Shield

I can second nanomid for Samsung and LG tvs. Definitely better than the smartstb (cheaper to)

Try Stb Emu if it’s a mac it’s in downloads

Back