Smart plug advice

shaun127

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
We Don't Do Walking Away. I would rather die with
Can someone recommend a smart plug preferably on sale on amazon that works great with alexa and works fine in a double wall socket without disabling the other socket? 1st dabble with this sort of stuff and Ive read that some plugs do this

I got the sonoff s20 smart plugs mate and I would say you could get 2 in a double socket
I have 1 and a normal plug in a double socket with ease sonoff are fairly narrow :)

This is the one I have, think I paid £15 from Amazon
Easy to setup just make sure router is on 2.4ghz wifi

Attachments

• 20181218_205104.jpg
    20181218_205104.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 2
No UK stock Shaun
I wanted mine same day for Christmas tree so paid Amazon price

Last edited:
Have you set up routines Ian ?
I tell Google goodnight and she reads tomorrow's calendar, turns off tv, Christmas tree and lights
Say good morning from bedroom home hub and she does all in reverse :) nest thermostat next ;)

Have you set up routines Ian ?
I tell Google goodnight and she reads tomorrow's calendar, turns off tv, Christmas tree and lights
Say good morning from bedroom home hub and she does all in reverse :) nest thermostat next ;)
Like it John i just set up a couple ;)

Reactions: Rat
just posting crap (repeat posting ect ) @Beny Guru behave lol see you in a few days

@IANB or @Captin do any of you use those smart plugs with an Echo dot 3rd Gen,i cant get them to work with voice commands via my Dots,but works fine via the smart app and alexa app,even voice through the Alexa app.

@IANB or @Captin do any of you use those smart plugs with an Echo dot 3rd Gen,i cant get them to work with voice commands via my Dots,but works fine via the smart app and alexa app,even voice through the Alexa app.
Yes but as @Rat says you need to enable the skill

I got to the bottom of my problem,im a bit of a twat,the skill had been enabled but the damned dot was using my sons profile,simple case of switching profiles :oops:

just posting crap (repeat posting ect ) @Beny Guru behave lol see you in a few days
Thanks. When I hit "Post reply", It didn't post immediately. I thought somehow it was discarded, so I re-posted it. No way to take it down.... And then they suspended me for that. Stupid! but thank you for pointing that out. ;-)

I had a little time to play with my cheap sonoff that I got from china, took a little messing around with getting verifiction codes over the net but all installed and powering the christmas tree at the moment. I can turn if off and on easily with a simple app.

Back