Small chance vuvuzelas will be banned?

HappyH

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't see it happening myself but I'm hoping they do.
South Africa ponders vuvuzela ban after complaints

South Africa's World Cup organising chief Danny Jordaan may ban vuvuzelas from inside stadiums after complaints from broadcasters and supporters.

The constant sound of the high-pitched horn-like instrument has so far drowned out much of the atmosphere-generating singing usually associated with games.

And Jordaan, when asked if he would get rid of them, told BBC Sport: "If there are grounds to do so, yes.

"We did say that if any land on the pitch in anger we will take action."

France captain Patrice Evra has already blamed the noise generated by the vuvuzelas, which has been likened to the drone of thousands of bees, for his side's poor showing in their opening group game against Uruguay, which finished goalless.

He said: "We can't sleep at night because of the vuvuzelas. People start playing them from 6am.

"We can't hear one another out on the pitch because of them."

Jordaan conceded that while the noise was irritating for some people, they were doing all they could to minimise the impact.

"We've tried to get some order," he continued. "We have asked for no vuvuzelas during national anthems or stadium announcements. It's difficult but we're trying to manage the best we can.

"We've had some broadcasters and individuals [complaining] and it's something we are evaluating on an on-going basis."

Jordaan admitted he was not a huge fan of them himself. "I would prefer singing," he said.

"It's always been a great generator of a wonderful atmosphere in stadiums and I would try to encourage them to sing.

"In the days of the struggle (against apartheid) we were singing, all through our history it's our ability to sing that inspired and drove the emotions."

Source

These things apparantly give out 144db which is both damaging to the human ear and also against health and safety legislation.

The first time someone blows one of these near me in a UK football ground I am going to inform the club of my intention to sue. I will then be writing to the HSE.

They wanna fook them things right off... its ok if you are in the pub you do not hear it so much as the pub is noisy!!!

But at home I cant stand the fooking noise.

Who's fooking idea was it to have them ffs!!!

Horrible things, bring the world cup to britain we will show you how to celebrate and sing songs without these fooking things... and if anyone brings them into the country they will be shot on site!

Mickie

Back