Small Car Needed - 1.4cc to 1.6cc

mobad

Inactive User
Reaction score
Guys do you have suggestions as to what car I should purchase.
I have a provisional Liscence and will be the 2nd driver on the car.

I have checked confused.com for insurance on a Mercedes A Class car, which costs around £1500 however im willing to spend upto £2500. The cheapest quote for this Mercedes A Class, 1999, 1.6cc was for £454 with Quinn Direct.

The car is needed for me to pass my test in and then once passed ill have it for a minimum of 4-6months where after that ill purchase another car.

Colour and shape does play a role, but it needs to be a small car such as a Civic, Golf etc

personally i LOVE the nissan micra 1.0 litre. best car to learn in and also to drive. the A class is absolute shite lol drove it for 6 months and hated it. the only mercedes i dont like. 1.5 civic is good tho. if you are a beginner you dont want to go for 1.6 or anything like that.

trust me, drive the micra you will love it and they are cheap as chips and run for thousands of mile. very reliable.

I'd say a toyota yaris, cracking little bulletproof car.

Sorry I forgot to mention I aint a learner, I can drive but just need a car that is small and insurance aint too high. Nisan Micra ive driven before but it doesnt have enough power in them. The A Class ive never driven but looks real bad.
Any more sugestions and also where would be the best place to look ? (Autotrader,ebay?)

i used to have a fiat brava 1.2 16v great little car cheap to run and with it being 16v you get the same performance as a 1.4 and even some 1.6

I've got an old metro sitting in the garage unused. £50 ONO

just buy a new peauogt 107..

low insurence, low tax, nippy lttle car

i would say you are a learner
to be a driver you have to have passed you driving test

Yeah learner in a sense that don't have a license but a driver when it comes to the road. I've been driving on the road since 2004 and have drove in many different countries. I would say my driving is safe in comparison to allot of drivers of today.

Oh also forgot to mention the car needs to be Automatic.

Oh also forgot to mention the car needs to be Automatic.

quality...not legal to drive (by yourself anyway) then claim your an experienced driver but you want to pass in an automatic...pass with gears n you can drive an automatic anyway

bad way of doin things mate, fair enuff you mite havin drivin for years but to be honest ive been driving for 4 years and if i took test now i would probably fail jus due to habbits i have now

Last edited:
quality...not legal to drive (by yourself anyway) then claim your an experienced driver but you want to pass in an automatic...pass with gears n you can drive an automatic anyway

bad way of doin things mate, fair enuff you mite havin drivin for years but to be honest ive been driving for 4 years and if i took test now i would probably fail jus due to habbits i have now

To points you didn't take aboard -
1. The examiner and my driving instructor both agreed I can drive safely but because of a round about error, which wasnt really my fault (which examiner said himself) but becuase I could of planned a little earlier, hence I failed and got a serious. He mentioned to me that it was bad luck as out of 10 times probably only once the situation I had would occur.
In my recent driving test I got 1 serious for that not planning earlier and only 3 minors.

2. I already have a family automative car which is why im going for automatic. I see it pointless of going for manual as the main car itself is auto, so why go for manual when I prefer auto now as well.

To points you didn't take aboard -
1. The examiner and my driving instructor both agreed I can drive safely but because of a round about error, which wasnt really my fault (which examiner said himself) but becuase I could of planned a little earlier, hence I failed and got a serious. He mentioned to me that it was bad luck as out of 10 times probably only once the situation I had would occur.
In my recent driving test I got 1 serious for that not planning earlier and only 3 minors.

2. I already have a family automative car which is why im going for automatic. I see it pointless of going for manual as the main car itself is auto, so why go for manual when I prefer auto now as well.
i am not having a go at u
but think of it this way u say you are a driver
you buy a car
and go out now through no fault of your own
you kill somebody for a start you get done
no insurance because you didnt have an experianced driver with you
you get done for driving with out a license

plus serious and minor fault to means you are not able to drive

now would u want that on your consence
i wouldnt
i have a full license for car and hgv or as they say now lgv

Nah I am not going to drive it without an experienced driver. I am buying the car to pass my test on, hence the previous thread for monthly insurance, then once passed ill get the full insurance.

Nah I am not going to drive it without an experienced driver. I am buying the car to pass my test on, hence the previous thread for monthly insurance, then once passed ill get the full insurance.
ok then np :)

Ive just bought my misses a little citroen C3 4grand only 22 thousand miles on the clock great learner car as the seats are very high up great view of the road tiny easy to park electric speed meter also great for learning

be warned these cars had 3 factory recalls before 2003 front springs were not tightend on over 2000 cars and they were collapsing on motorways and all sorts so if you buy one make sure its after 2003 are the springs have been .

all in all im very impressed with the quality of drive for a small car only £7900
brand new

Back