SMAC Through router

The Dentist

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
DHCP Through router

Hi there guys, I know its been said that it cant be done but that was a while back. Im just trying to help someone on here and wondered if there is ANY way that i can run DHCPforce through my router? even if its a different prog to DHCPforce, something that does the same job would be great.

Cheeers

Last edited:
Oops!! i meant dhcp force, not smac. Smac you can run through router.

and the answer is still NO m8 modem direct to pc for dhcp force, and i hope you didnt use the same router you used with subbed modem.

Nah my subbed modem is gathering dust somewhere. Always used the "new" modem.

and the answer is still NO m8 modem direct to pc for dhcp force, and i hope you didnt use the same router you used with subbed modem.

Hi Napster

Just read the above. and now I am a little concerned!!!!!! are you saying that I should not be using the same router as I have used on my subbed modem???

I am a little concerned as I often swap between my subbed and none-subbed modem on the same wireless router..

Can you tell me what the danger is with doing this and is there a way around it without having to buy another router??

Cheers

the cc's can check the MAC of the modems connected to the router. and if they check it might arouse suspicion

talking about the dhcp program .. it wont work though a router

the cc's can check the MAC of the modems connected to the router. and if they check it might arouse suspicion

thats what i was told as well, and is it worth taken the risk as routers are cheap these days

Hi Napster

Just read the above. and now I am a little concerned!!!!!! are you saying that I should not be using the same router as I have used on my subbed modem???

I am a little concerned as I often swap between my subbed and none-subbed modem on the same wireless router..

Can you tell me what the danger is with doing this and is there a way around it without having to buy another router??

Cheers

you could try a factory reset, but personnel i would get a new modem

Hi Napster

Cheers
if u have to use both modem which i dont see the need too, if the clone is working good. ther no need for u to be using the subbed but like i said if u have to use both then make sure u change the mac addy in ur router each time use the clone or the subbed modem

The best thing to do would be to connect your sub directly to one pc and have any others connected to the router.

Back