Sly Sports News/Mix HD gone ?

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
As in the title , have they gone ?. Manually scanned and abm their showing but both snr 0%

Still working for me.
The only thing i have noticed is a few weeks ago i lost some itv HD channels and a scan wouldnt bring them back.

So i changed my tuner settings to scan "all systems" instead of "ex c&w" (which my area is) and i found them again.
Scan takes longer though.

I'll try again full scan, I updated abm but it's still showing 0%

Last edited:
Yeah just done full UK scan via tuner config they've gone. Both showing N/A 0%. A friend who's about a mile away still has it on but on a different frequency from me. When I scan using his details it gives 0 channels. Got to be a signal problem here.
Thing is , after I did a full scan my SS news HD shows as N/A , mad

Last edited:
Yeah just done full UK scan via tuner config they've gone. Both showing N/A 0%. A friend who's about a mile away still has it on but on a different frequency from me. When I scan using his details it gives 0 channels. Got to be a signal problem here.
Thing is , after I did a full scan my SS news HD shows as N/A , mad
Did you set your tuner config to scan "all systems"?
Also when i do an automatic scan i set "clear before scan " to no.
This way your bouquets dont get touched and any new channels found go into the last scanned bouquet.
Then add your newly scanned channels to the existing bouquets.

Yeah user tuner config set to all systems and scanned took about 30 minutes. My m8s SS news HD is on say 691 Freq I manually scanned that channel qam Fec and it says no channels found. He's only down the road from me so were on identical freqs channels.

I took the feed off the splitter and went direct to the box only nothing bar the box and scanned (not even router) but it's still the same. It's as though I can get 619 freq channels.
I checked the box upstairs and that shows same Freq snr.

So the box upstairs works?
Wonder if updating your cable.xml will work.

The box upstairs is also showing 0% on Mix HD and SS News HD. When my m8 scanned manual he gets 7 channels on one Freq 9 on the other I get nothing on both so tbh its sounding like a signal strength problem.
All the channels he picks up on those 2 manual scans are missing from when I do an all systems scan so it's a cable or signal problem.
Strange though it's only on the 2 freqs

Last edited:
Ok can't get those 2 freqs that carry SS News & Mix HD and BT Sport 3 HD. I've got a few different type of boosters FDU-51 HDU-400 and I've tried them all even a konig yellow brick all using using a direct feed from outside.
Anyone any ideas?

Did you try a cable.xml update?

How do you do that on openATV 6.2?
Here is the latest cable.xml.
Looks like it was updated 4 days ago.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
I think it goes in etc/tuxbox on atv..
Back up your old 1 first just incase.

Ok thanks but, I manage to pick up 7 channels from one of the missing freqs but all badly pixelating really bad. Ihave a TiVo only basic channels for recording wife's stuff and when I checked on the TiVo luckily some of the same channels on the same freq are freeview on the zgemma and it's doing it on the TiVo.
I changed out the main feed cable with decent stuff but same. It's ever since I lowered package had fook all bar problems

I got to the bottom of it,

I was nipping out around teatime yesterday when I noticed a VM engineer at the box at the end of the street.
I pulled up and asked him if he was there to look at my problem as I'd booked an engineer for tomorrow, he said no he was there for a property facing me. He said they'd got heavy pixelating / loss of kids channels. The kids channels are on the same transponder I'm having problems with.
When I got back I checked the TiVo and a few kids were badly breaking up. Then the woman across then road knocked and said the engineer had checked her house and said it's was a network problem and he wasn't sure which box it was.
She said if I'd booked an engineer that I should phone up and cancel.

Thank F for that !, I'd have had to get up at 4am move all crap in here !!

Last edited:
Back