Sly Movies Problem

dogiatal10

Inactive User
Reaction score
Got a 500c all working great at home but when i take it round my mates house not getting sly movies 5,6,7,8,9, and sly sports 3, any ideas anybody please

Got a 500c all working great at home but when i take it round my mates house not getting sly movies 5,6,7,8,9, and sly sports 3, any ideas anybody please

prob be down to weak signal strength m8

Cheers

that is what i thought, booster it is then, thanks mate

most likely a signal problem, try DW 1.6 image. if that dont work try a direct feed to box(no splitters etc etc), if channels come back u will most likly need a booster

hi

hi m8 have the same problem in gosport hampshire no movies 4.5.6.7.8.9. thanks for any help
i have done resans and still no joy and i have a dbox that works ok thanks guys

hi m8 have the same problem in gosport hampshire no movies 4.5.6.7.8.9. thanks for any help

Again you also have a signal problem, you will not pick up all channels if you signal strength is too strong or weak.

Its all down to SNR and Ber, get a services file from your area and select chan that wont clear look at snr/ber snr needs to be over 90 but under 95 ber should be 0 but depending on snr you can get them to clear with a high ber.

Remove all splitters and filters then try, then install splitter if used re check, if using a splitter and a modem then this also causes noise in the line which in turn gives you a high ber.

Usually a filter in white box inside house.

Hope this helps

Back to my problem, i have done some checkes and what i have found is that the chaneels that i have checked, the snr is around the 95% mark and the agc is around the 45% mark and the bnr is 0, now the movie chaneels that are not being picked up are snr 95%, agc 45% bnr 1645880, so my question is that how do i get the bnr down to 0, is it a to strong or to week signal

100% signal problem m8. My best mate lives in gosport and he is getting all those channels on his dreambox. Using DW 1.61 image

Back to my problem, i have done some checkes and what i have found is that the chaneels that i have checked, the snr is around the 95% mark and the agc is around the 45% mark and the bnr is 0, now the movie chaneels that are not being picked up are snr 95%, agc 45% bnr 1645880, so my question is that how do i get the bnr down to 0, is it a to strong or to week signal

in my experience it is weak signal. Have you tried cable from the main feed ... no splitters... new bit of cable (if you have some spare) , with fresh cut ends..

At least by doing this you know if its the cable or splitters....

Then try a booster... take it back to argos if that doesn't work (14days ;) )

i will give it a go next time i am round there, until then it will back at mine where i know it all works, it is just strange that we are in the same are but will keep trying

just i case anybody has the same problem as this thread, i instaled a booster and it worked a treat, all channels and no problems, thanks DW Members for all advice

Back