SLY Italia and N*S 3 = no card sharing?

mark1832

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi There,

I have just learned to use 2 dreambox 500s to share a card and very happy with the results... Howevere i heard somebody saying that with N@S3 all the sharing on dreamboxes will not be possible anymore.

I am talking about sly italia which planned to release n@s3. Whatabout sly uk?

Can anybody point me in the right direction please? Or better it is wise to invest at this moment when n@s3 cards release are imminent?

Will it work? (share a n@s3 card on a dreambox?)

Many thanks

Why have you put Sky on a pedastal?
It's not the be all and end all of satellite TV, infact, I very rarely watch it, my Dreambox hardly ever points at any of the Sky stuff as it's basically a pile of cack.

One thing is certain, if Sky Italy move to the newer NDS then Sky UK will follow.
I'm not sure how they can stop card sharing, perhaps if they tighten the ECM response times and slow the cards down so that they can only generate a key once every X seconds?

yep i dont see the fuss either. Yes providers will invent counter measures to stop hacks, then the new developments get hacked. Mark1832 its been going on for like 20 years- no big story really.
Yes Sky Italia will have to replace cards because security has been compromised. Yes nds have plans to produce a new version that supposedly combats sharing. Maybe it will reach the uk one day too, blah blah if but maybe whatever etc.
Many emu's already have a 'memory' system developed that stops much traffic to a smartcard, so maybe this will just need extra effort to develope further. I dont see any major problem here for the future of the hobby, and there's a hell of a lot more than sky out there. :)

thanks for your prompt reply.
Trouble is i am tired to watch italian football on non Italian/english channels... i know you just need to watch but you want to hear a well... thats why the need of sly.

However do anybody know anything about this n@s 3 ? please?

Yeah, I heard the ecm requests will be quicker and more frequent so it will stop cs over wan & interweb but cs on lan should be ok.

Back