yashsmash

Inactive User
Reaction score
http://www.skype.com/

program that allows you to make free telephone calls over the Internet with other Skype users, regardless of their location in the world. This program operates using peer-to-peer networking and in a similar fashion to many instant messengers, allows you to see if your contacts are online or otherwise unavailable.

Skype is great, only problem is finding people who use it aswell. (btw, do u work for skype? :))

calls arent free. only peer to peer skype users calls are free.

nizzex said:
calls arent free. only peer to peer skype users calls are free.

I think he did mention that in his post

sorry to disappoint u MA, i dont work for them :) , I dont know if it works i havent tried it myself. plz check there web page out and see what they have to offer :)

Yes it works you can use the head set or buy a router (ebay, just type in skype) which lets you use your cordless house phone so your not stuck infront of your computer.

as i said, i use it, and it's great, although i only ever had 5 contacts, because i couldnt find many people that i knew who used it.

i use this all the time you buy an amount say £10 but they use euros ,i use my cordless phone connected to a router i bought of eb its like a pay as you go phone only dirt cheap i phone all over the place i bought my £10 in september and i still have 8euros and 38 cents left

i use it to speak to my relatives across the oceans....its very useful.

I use http://www.voipbuster.com/en/faq.html as it only requires a 5 euro deposit for 6 months use. You can make free calls to others on the same software but more importantly you can phone any landline in the UK (geographical numbers only) completely free. The only slight drawback with it is that you use your headset rather than the telephone but it works very well. The free trial only allows calls of 60 seconds but it gives you an idea of whether it would be of any use to you. Great for people that make a lot of daytime calls.

one problem i forgot 2 mention: Prank Calls!

I keep getting sum weird calls from Russian people :confused:

i use voip buster and its great i make 10/20 calls every day and havent spent a penny on calls i bought some credit as i now have unlimited free call time to uk landlines

tip buy a usb phone works better than a headset

hypno1957 said:
i use voip buster and its great i make 10/20 calls every day and havent spent a penny on calls i bought some credit as i now have unlimited free call time to uk landlines

tip buy a usb phone works better than a headset

Can anyone recomend a decent phone that will work on voipbuster

i dont see mutch point, when everyone you know with a pc is probably one of your contacts in one of the instant messengers, all of whitch you can talk through with good quality.

Back