SkyHD Single LNB

sgm1986

Inactive User
Reaction score
can i split it just b4 it goes into the box to make it two from the single LNB?

just have no TV atm n wanted a quickfix to watch it

My understanding was HD only needed 1 feed, the 2nd feed to the Sky box is for the + function i.e. recording.
I've been wrong loadsa times though, don't trust what I say.
HH.

well i could get a signal on my old box, with the single feed

but my HD box it cant even find the defult transponder in tuner 1 or 2 so i was told to buy a new cz it needs two feeds??

hope i havnt had duff info!

You can't split the cable, went you switch channels it changes something on the LNB so it can't be shared.

You can run a SkyHD from one cable, there is a menu item to tell the box there is only a single input.

You can either buy a Quad LNB and run a second feed for your receiver, or you could follow this guide to switch the receiver into single tuner mode.

First make sure you are using single feed, check the back of your sky hd box and you will find that there will be only one cable connected to the dish input and that dish input 2 will be vacant

Press services on your remote control, "options" in the top will be highlighted orange

Press the right arrow once and highlight "Settings" in the top menu

Now press down once and go to the middle menu and highlight "picture"

Press "0,1, SELECT" on your remote quickly, This should highlight the setup box within the hidden menu

Now scroll down to the single feed mode

Press the right arrow once to switch single feed mode on

Now press the green button to save your settings

If you have done it properly you will get a message on screen saying "Your sky box is ready to be rebooted and selecting this option disables sky anytime"

Regards

Liam

ive done that liam1611 but i always get no signal 29 error and no defult transponder found and says no signal in the menus, ive got an Octo LNB coming next few days tho! so even tho u both say can do it! im hoping wen i put both cables in it will just spring into life!

but wen it reboots, should the box turn on auto or does the hhd kick in n then it stays in standby and u have to turn it bk on?

also on my old box the Strength is about 50% n quality is about 25% but i know i need to move the dish abit cud this effect it that bad even tho i get channels on my old box?

The 2 boxes I have always power on in Standby, then I power them on & they come on Ch998 (I think). I feckin' hate that channel, wish I could get it to turn on Ch405......
HH.

id love just any channel to be honest HappyH!

im just uploadin a video i just made about my skyHD so anyone can see if they can help me! not againat rules to post a youtube link to my vid is it?

Nope, definitely not mate, fire away.
HH.

not yet as my new LNB should be here in next few days so gona do it all at once! so signal still S 50% Q 25% atm!

i have however taken the box apart to look at the PSU, theres not signs of burnin or heat! however a few of the tower cap' things the top of 4 of them are domed but not broken and the fuse is fine, so does this mean its not the PSU?

altho theres a maxtor 300GB HDD in there i thgouth it was ment to be 160GB can they come 300GB standard?

If the caps are domed it will need repair, even if its not failing now it certainly will do very soon so bets get it repaired. It could be that is your problem with signals anyway.

It is normal for a HD box to have a 300gb drive, but only 160gb of this is useable to the end user. Sky use the rest of the drive for their services.

so just replace the 4 domed ones?

and this cud be why im gettin no signal at all?

Your better off replacing all the caps in the secondary side of the power supply, as they will all fail sooner or later, and for the extra expense it's worth it. I assume its a Thomson Sky HD receiver that you are using and if so then the faulty caps will be the reason why you are getting no signal as they supply power to the two tuners, no power no signal.

Regards

Liam

well im bein sent another box so wen i get that one ill buy new caps n ava go at weldin! altho looks tricky im normaly gud at stuff like that! cheers evryone!

Back