SkyHD box, purple screen?

cg010169

DW Regular
Reaction score
I've had sky since Dec, was on a old tele that has decided to pack in, old plasma. Anyway got a different tele now and every time i turn the tele off and put it back on, im getting a purple screen or a blue screen. Completely lost my Sky picture. The only way i can get sky back is by turning the Sky box off then waiting a minute, putting it back on. To say this is pissing me off is an understatement. As If we turn the tele off in the day and put it back on, purple screen. have found a method that if turn tele off, then sky box off and put tele on first then sky box, it's fine. But try doing that with kids in your house, you'll soon forget and be stuck with the purple screen again.
the box is a pace and have seen they seem to have some handshaking issue when connected via HDMI when i've looked on the web.
Is there anyway to fit this via settings on the sky box or im i best ringing sky and seeing what they will do. As i say, sign up to Sky in Dec last year so my box should still be guaranteed?, will they replace the box?
Im just thinking that with my contact running out in a few months, will changing the box, change the terms of my contact. I know sounds daft, but with sky you never know lol

Report the situaton to Sky and request a replacement receiver, either an Amstrad or a Samsung as you are correct about the handshaking issue. Unless they replace the box then you will still be in the same situation. As the box has failed under guarantee they are obliged to replace it and it will not affect your existing 12 month contract with them.

Regards

Liam

Back