Sky3.... free

pinkhelmets

Inactive User
Reaction score
Has Sky made a good decision for once?? Cant believe it, but Sky 3 has been added and is currently free-to-view. So its not free-to-air you do need a ftv smartcard and digibox. Since ITV1 & 2 will leave the ftv package they really need a channel to keep it attractive, so looks like an important decision from Sky to compete against freesat.

107 now shows Sky2 and Sky3 is found on 108

regards :)

Hi pinkhelmets, Are they just playing with our minds again: shocked2 , or is it possible that SKY can be nice people sometimes.:Jester: :silly: lol:) .

I personally think it is the best decision they have ever made for long term survival and growth, not just short term profit making that they've always been about. Sky have never impressed me, until today. I have to get a little deep for a sec.... just think guys everyone who pays the tv licence has started this! BBC, with our trust, have the funding and power to take control of themselves and shape their future, ITV follow as they see multi-channel free-to-air choice makes good business sense, and now we see Sky with the need to make a fight back. Viewers benefit and so does English TV as a whole. Sky still sell their digiboxes & ftv cards and have the customer base to sell more subscriptions, reach their 10million targets, compete with freeview/freesat etc, and earn more in the long run, blah blah.
Everyone gains with platforms for both free-tv and pay-tv, and i really see it as a great move from sky to have a hand in both pots. Lets hope their sense lasts :) and that we get some decent programs too.
Regards

Sky now knows that they have a serious threat, and pressure from other service providers who broadcast free to air programs, eg, BBC and ITV who have decided to put there differences aside and do something for free to air, allthough i am not sure about the BBC, as i know that they want to retain their control over TV licencing, which is why they went free to air, and was nothing to do with encryption fees, these people are the only ones who are going to cause a problem with broadcasting this new service, and as for SKY, this is nothing more but another ploy.

Back