Sky talkback

dar1437

Worldz Biggest Oddball
VIP Member
Reaction score
Morning all,

When you have sky connected to a phone line, does sky call the box every so often or does the box call sky. Whichever it is, does anyone know how often and when? (is it random or is it same time/day every month?)

Reason i ask is, i've been wanting to setup a share for some time but unemployed so can't afford a sub. I have Dreamboxes ready to rock and everyone i approach who has a sub is really interested untill i point out the fact that when i give them the Dreambox to serve, it will be a DM500 so they can kiss goodby to HD and V+ and then the interest goes. lol
Now if i can get around this phone line nonsense, i'm sure i could get one of them to get another box/card for another room which we can use to share.

Cheers,
Dar

Someone has informed me that you can force a callback at will, wonder if it will satisfy them - once a month at the subbers address?

you can force a callback at anytime yes:

STB and SKY+ = Services 4 0 1 (hidden menu) 6 (scans for new channels then follow prompts to cointinue)

or you can do Services 4 0 1 Tel Settings if you need to change prefix

HD = Services 0 0 1 (hidden menu) 6 (scans for new channels then follow prompts to continue)

or you can do Services 0 0 1 Tel Settings if you need to change prefix

you can force a callback at anytime yes:

STB and SKY+ = Services 4 0 1 (hidden menu) 6 (scans for new channels then follow prompts to cointinue)

or you can do Services 4 0 1 Tel Settings if you need to change prefix

HD = Services 0 0 1 (hidden menu) 6 (scans for new channels then follow prompts to continue)

or you can do Services 0 0 1 Tel Settings if you need to change prefix

Question is, does the box call back at a specific time/date or do they call the box? What i'm getting at is, if the person with the second box, took it to the subbers house once a month and forced the callback, would that wash with sky or do they dictate when the callback is done?

Cheers,
Dar

i have one box connected to phone line permanent at my addy, but my multi room subbed box is elsewhere and i just bring it back every 4-5 weeks and do a forced call back.

so i cannot answer your question fully as per when, what time, and how often.

but what i can answer is: when a callback is made, your box rings sky and tells them what nds (serial number), card number, and phone line number are used and if it is a multi-room box, then the phone numbers should match.

Cheers Highlander,

One last question, how long have you been doing it for?

Back