Sky Sports HD channels - ? end of C/S for Virgin

Will this announcement have any effect on IPTV subs?

I wonder how many people CS Virjin?

Imagine all those now jumping onto IPTV streaming HD. ISP's will be on overload lol.

Ouside of CS, where else would IPTV providers get their Sly and Bt sports streams?

I wonder how many people CS Virjin?
Imagine all those now jumping onto IPTV streaming HD. ISP's will be on overload lol.

Who is on overload ?. I have been here many times before, with both satellite and cable channels.
With D2mac in the 90s, The Den, Toecutters, Trex cams, Titanium and Galaxy smart cards etc. Smart card programmers, nagra3, CS with Zgemma on satellite and now cable. Don’t let Sly and the Premier League grind you down. Web TV is here to stay and cannot be controlled a by big business. We veterans will always find ways of maintaining freedom of access.

I think that there will be ways of watching linear TV i.e. watching a show / sport as it is aired, not sure that it will be so easy just to tune in to a channel and leave it going linearly

will SD not just continue to work as normal though? that'll do me!

If they replace all boxes with cardless ones it will stop everything

Just hope some1 finds a way to share the cardless boxes from sly and virmin. Its new tech at the moment but give it time some1 will crack it

just out of interest, what is on the front line in the US? since they seem to be way ahead of us on nagra 3 or am i barking up the wrong tree o_O

Wonder how long it will be . I was just about to setup someone with virmin aswell until I was told about this , borrowed time I guess

Well they have made a few changes this week, noticed channels I edited the pids for the audio problem before had gone black again and any editing at all makes the channels dead, so its seems they have put a stop to that. But a latest image update does still fix it all still. But point is they are getting ready for a change soon for sure.

Just thinking ahead....
With many getting letters/emails about upgrading to non C/S boxes from vermin.
Could anyone in the REPUBLIC OF IRELAND confirm if they have got those letters/emails please?

🙂

Motorised satellite has never gone off, there's more up there now & even sky going didn't make that much difference to a lot if you know what's where & in English, linear and can be much higher quality, I wonder IP could end up like roads in London, the US is getting ip trafic problems.

Just thinking ahead....
With many getting letters/emails about upgrading to non C/S boxes from vermin.
Could anyone in the REPUBLIC OF IRELAND confirm if they have got those letters/emails please?

🙂
no reports of irl going that way yet

Back