Sky protection plan

vipermo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hello all my sky + Sky protection plan is up again is there any one cheaper than £99 per year that sky charge .
thanks

I second that, all you need to do is when it fails threaten to walk and they will fix it for free. Worst case disconnect then reconnect, but their equipment is inferiour and not worth paying £99 per year for the pleasure as well as their rip of subs.

They replaced our plus box 3 times out of warrenty before i realised how much they are ripping me off and walked

why pay 99 pounds a year at the worst sky will replace everything box,cable,dish for 65 pounds on a service call and if u argue it they will halve it or even do it for free espesially if u are on the full package

Been on full package for four years here, argued and got it free

it also depends on the operator you get through to, as soon as your connected ask to speak to someone from second tier support, they have more authority to bin charges etc. i know of a guy who lives a few miles from me, been with then since pre-digital sky days, always on full package, they charged him a £75 call out paid by card over the phone, which he paid without questioning at all as hes old and didnt know he could argue with it, then as it was contracted out by sky when it was found his reciever needed replacing he was charged another £110 plus VAT for a refurbished box with only 90 days warranty on it

it also depends on the operator you get through to, as soon as your connected ask to speak to someone from second tier support, they have more authority to bin charges etc. i know of a guy who lives a few miles from me, been with then since pre-digital sky days, always on full package, they charged him a £75 call out paid by card over the phone, which he paid without questioning at all as hes old and didnt know he could argue with it, then as it was contracted out by sky when it was found his reciever needed replacing he was charged another £110 plus VAT for a refurbished box with only 90 days warranty on it

that is just a dam blatent rip off with all the $s they must have of had out ove him over the years then they charge him that.

gets you a bit mad dont it.

that is just a dam blatent rip off with all the $s they must have of had out ove him over the years then they charge him that.

gets you a bit mad dont it.

sly are nothing but robbing feckers everyone with sly shaft them and tell sly to shove it up their ar**s.

i really hope branson wins this row with them as it's about time somebody broke their monoploly

well said m8 i think branson has a good chance.

The standard fee from sky for a service call is £65 which includes any equipment needed (box, dish lnb etc)

if your friend was charged extra for the box then he was conned and needs to get in touch with sky cs.

My box failed after about 6 years use, told them to cancel my account and they sent 2 guys round with a replacement box free!

Just ring them, tell them to cancel and you will be put through to the "Retention" department.

Back