SKY plus record after cancelling subscription

reg0rS50

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, is there a way of getting my SKY + box to record after I have cancelled my SKY subscription? Also can I get the the 2nd input channel to work while watching another channel, and I couldn't get the +1hr channels to work
Regards
reg0rS50

You used to be able to pay sky a tenner a month just to keep the PVR function in the Sky+ box for the FTA channels. Not sure if that's still possible though.

Sorry but on this occasion Manic01 is wrong, there is a firmware patcher for the Pace 3100 Sky Plus receivers which will allow you to do the above. You need to JTAG the box and re-flash it with the attached software.

Regards

Liam

i got a sky+ box which records.
i got free for yr and cancelled but was never connected so i never got kill signal on sky so i can use record.
Only got a few channels though

i have a thomson sky+hd box that came with an expired card and I can record and pause tv just fine :)

does anyone know if there is a patch for the 250 gig samsung sky+hd box to enable recording via jtag?

ive got one sat there gathering dust and it would be good to bring the old girl back into service

I have a 160g sky plus hd box which im not remewing my subscription for in Dec. Would be great to be able to keep as recording etc freesat box. As smokey mcpot says any info would be great.

I have a 160g sky plus hd box which im not remewing my subscription for in Dec. Would be great to be able to keep as recording etc freesat box. As smokey mcpot says any info would be great.

i am sure i read couple of weeks before take offline then leave of for 2-3 months then the kill signal is stopped being sent

Sorry but on this occasion Manic01 is wrong, there is a firmware patcher for the Pace 3100 Sky Plus receivers which will allow you to do the above. You need to JTAG the box and re-flash it with the attached software.

Regards

Liam

Hi all

I'm new to this forum and wonder what J-Tag kit I need, as doing a search on ebay there are loads of kits for specific processors!?

Is there a company or individual out there that will do this firmware patch for me on my Pace 3100 Sky+ box, that anyone knows of? The only reason I ask is due to health reasons, my dexterity to weild a soldering iron is not good!

Thanks

I have an Amstrad box. Is it possible to "fix" this box, too? I wish I'd known about the "kill" signal, as I'd have unplugged my box for a while after cancelling my subscription!

yes i heard the same that leaving it off for 3 months stops sly kill signal as its only sent for 3 months

if anyone has their old blue viewing cards these should work (providing you had a sky+ subscription on them when the cards were changed to the white cards)
as sky never sent a kill signal to the blue cards users were asked to swap to the white card and then cut up the blue card. i kept mine (lucky for me)

so using the blue card in a sky+ box (non hd) i can record/pause etc.. and get all the fta channels

so using the blue card in a sky+ box (non hd) i can record/pause etc.. and get all the fta channels

they also work in HD receivers, i have one that i use to test receivers after repairing them, and it works happy enough in an SD or a HD receiver

:)

I have my old blue card, but does not work for me. Should it work straight away or does it need a update to at least be able to watch free to view channels? At the moment my old Thomson HD box will not initialize, but I have read that it can take 3 days or more to update.

If a sly sub was cancelled, a blue card bought off the auction site & then paired to the box, would the PVR work ?

Hi Manic01, hope you are well. Would this work ?

SKY Free To View DIGITAL TV VIEWING CARD - BLUE

A Few Helpful Instructions

Insert the card into the viewing card slot on the Sky box (This may be behind a drop down door ).

Press the "SERVICES" button on your Sky remote control

Quickly press "4" "0" "1" and then the SELECT button to enter the engineer's INSTALLER MENU

On screen select "NEW INSTALLATION"

Press SELECT button to continue through the settings

After the Channel Listing has completed press the SELECT button again

The box will indicate 'CALL BACK' - allow this operation to finish.

The box will then activate and your card will be paired to your box via the phone line.

Your Sky box must be attached to a working phone line to in order to activate the viewing card.

Back