sky one sticking and jumpy

ok i put another image on the box, gav's 12.11.05 this time which is better but its not solved my problem, im getting front row now so thats a bonus, i managed to get the correct bouquets file for my area on it and working correctly but stil lthe 3 channels skipping sky one is the worst, on the new list (as on telewest) the 3 channels are one after each ch14 sky one, ch15 abc1 and ch16 E4.

im just stuck now and sky one and e4 are channels we usually watch regular.

I had this problem the other day, it only lasted for a day or two then it went away. I assumed it was to do with them adding new streams etc as it was only one transponder that was unwatchable.

It was the E4, abc1 transponder.

ok ive figured out al lthese channels bellow are skipping:

- <transponder id="0007" onid="f020" frequency="555000000" inversion="2" symbol_rate="6952000" fec_inner="3" modulation="3">
<channel service_id="0488" name="Sky Sports News" service_type="01" />
<channel service_id="048b" name="Sky Sports 3" service_type="01" />
<channel service_id="048d" name="Jetix" service_type="01" />
<channel service_id="0499" name="Playhouse Disney" service_type="01" />
<channel service_id="04b3" name="Sky One" service_type="01" />
<channel service_id="04b4" name="Sky Movies 2" service_type="01" />
<channel service_id="04c0" name="MUTV" service_type="01" />
<channel service_id="04ca" name="Kiss" service_type="01" />
<channel service_id="0503" name="Cartoon Network +1hr" service_type="01" />
<channel service_id="0528" name="Adult Channel" service_type="01" />
<channel service_id="052a" name="National Geographic" service_type="01" />

the channels on same frequency as E4 and abc1 are not skipping which are these:

- <transponder id="04b3" onid="f020" frequency="563000000" inversion="2" symbol_rate="6952000" fec_inner="3" modulation="3">
<channel service_id="1350" name="FilmFour" service_type="01" />
<channel service_id="1358" name="Edinburgh Festival" service_type="01" />
<channel service_id="1359" name="Radio Tay" service_type="02" />
<channel service_id="1376" name="ITV" service_type="01" />
<channel service_id="137a" name="E4" service_type="01" />
<channel service_id="137b" name="ABC1" service_type="01" />

so im stil lconfused i can guess about the sky one lot all on same frequency theres a problem there obviously but the other channels with same frequency as e4 and abc1 are fine which is odd.

What signal readings do you get on one of the channels thats sticking? It sounds like a signal problem have you tried plugging the box directly in to the cable box on the wall.(i.e. no splitters).

yes i did that and thats what it was now plugged the cable feed into an ariel booster and its all fixed now :) silly me didnt think of that!!

What type of booster did you use mate? I've got 2 here and neither of them work with the dbox feed, just normal aerials. Wouldn't mind trying one out as i get the occasional glitch on some channels.

Back