sky movies

mickybhoy1888

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey guys, has any1 heard the rumour that sky r to make all their movie channels pin protected and is there any truth in the rumours

Pin Protected!

Does this mean they are lost forever to the budding skanster? Does anyone know how to get around this or are we all lost!!!!:grab:

i would have thought you would still need to subscribe to the movies package it will just make channel surfing harder lol (thinks its so they then can show 18 cert movies through the day etc)

$ky have now renamed all their movie channels gone are movies 1 - 10 and classics 1- 2 and replaced with new channels such as premiere, comedy, family, drama, modern classics etc.

Only get 10 movie channels now though as opposed to the 12 you used to get, rip off $ky take away 2 channels sneakly be doing a rename as they knew if they just decided to close 2 movies 9 - 10 they would have people complaining that they were paying the same amount but getting less channels.

But can you choose any 5?
Before you could only get 1,3,5,7,9
or 2,4,6,8,10

The least they could do is let you pick which 5, seeing as you are losing 2 channels.

whats even more amazing to me is that even the people who have noticed the loss of movie channels dont realise how many they have lost :). Count them and you'll soon realise you only have 8 that broadcast all day. Then you can add 'Premiere' which is the channel that only broadcasts from 4pm in the afternoon, and of course you then get Premiere +1hour ....whoopee dooo lol.
Its amazing how Sky have pulled this off without more customers complaining, and without hardly anyone noticing the massive reduction. Only they could do it, and I'd soon expect a subs increase to pay for the reduction too......

and if you thought it was crap before, turn a channel on at 8 pm, tomorrow turn it on at 8 pm, and the night after, its the same

so theyve given you less channels, less choice (cos once youve watched it on saturday theres nothing for the rest of the week) more repeats but everyones happy?

the skys the limit? my ar5e lol

and if you thought it was crap before, turn a channel on at 8 pm, tomorrow turn it on at 8 pm, and the night after, its the same

so theyve given you less channels, less choice (cos once youve watched it on saturday theres nothing for the rest of the week) more repeats but everyones happy?

the skys the limit? my ar5e lol

Thats where their Sky anytime service comes in. Before the rebranding of the movie channels they did say their main source of movies will be on their anytime service, so if you subscribe to Sky movies package on Sky you will be able to watch the movie of your choice.

but thats as long as you have either broadband connection to watch it on your PC, sky HD or (soon) sky+ (which will only be what they choose to cache on your recievers HDD)

Thats where their Sky anytime service comes in. Before the rebranding of the movie channels they did say their main source of movies will be on their anytime service, so if you subscribe to Sky movies package on Sky you will be able to watch the movie of your choice.

So its a way to try to get everybody to pay more and upgrade to $ky HD or $ky + cause sky anytime won't be available to those with normal boxes and who wants to watch movies on their pc. And of course you won't be allowed to copy them from PC to a dvd to watch it.

Back