Sky+ help!

hnj

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Just brought an Sky+ box and i have got an card that works, but whenever i try to record it tells me to suscribe!

is there no way that i can record, pause etc without subscription?

help appreciated

THANKS!

there is a firmware for one of the sky + boxs that enables the record function but not much has been said about it. it was on hear before the big clear out

didn't like to say as we don't condone that sort of modification:proud:

My matey has a SKY+ that does this, I think it has a hand in one corner with a finger up to sky, and a different coloured EPG (Red and black?? I think).

I can not find any information on this hack anywhere, which is a shame.

sounds like your m8 has a box thats been flashed with 3rd party firmware to allow it to have the sky+ features without having a sly subscription.

this is not a hack for free sky, it just allows you to pause, record, rewind, etc without having to pay for it

if your m8 wants the box back to normal, meaning the sky+ features won work without an active sub, then it MIGHT work by forcing a software update on it, but ive never tried this

disconnect the power, press and hold in the backup button on the front of the receiver, reconnect power, after 10 seconds or so all the lights on the front of the receiver will come on, and itll say onscreen updating software

thisll take aboiut 10 mins, then the box will restart

its possible that this may reflash the box with official software, but as the software on the box at the moment was forced onto it via jtag its more likely that nothing will happen and hes stuck with it

if he wants to swap for a standard sky+ box through the post, let me know m8

Back