Sky Freesat

yottabit

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Hi there, the other day i thought i'd buy the £75 freesat package that Sky are advertising so anyway i ring them up and they basically said you need a landline for this offer but you can just have freesat installed for £150 thats £75 more just because i dont have a landline, i realized that i told a mate of mine he can have a landline installed here at my place for his business, the calls get diverted straight to his work mobile and i'm not sure if there is outgoing calls or not so the question is when sky come round to install this £75 package (i told them about that line) and the installer checks the that the line auto diverts to a mobile and there may not be outgoing calls will he not install the service meaning i will have to try and get a refund or will they be ok and continue installing it?, this is the first time i have subscribed to their service so i dont really know how it works,
Help greatly appreciated,
Thanks,
Yotta.

They usually just check you can make outgoing calls by getting the box to call-back to activate the card.

No outgoing calls = no activation = no deal

The divert is for incoming calls to be diverted to the mobile i'd say. As long as you can plug a phone into the telephone point and get a dialing tone then it will be ok.
Remember though that the £75 offer is not for freesat, it is a Sky subscription package with a small window to cancel at 4 months.

Back