sky+ faulty when surfing menu

bingcro2

Member ++
Reaction score
help pse.im having probs with sky+ several times a day when im going through the menu to see whats on films docs etc tv suddenly goes purple with yellow lines.i turn to ordinary tv and thats ok. i have to turn off at the main then wait several mins to rectify. this is happening at least three times per day. any ideas other than phone them at an expensive phone call !!

How old is the box and what make. There was a fault in some with power supply issues. Fixed by replacing the capacitors.

tks for reply yes the box is several years old now.im told i own the box so i am responsible if it fails. what if tell them i dont want sky plus now do you think they may reconsider!! to keep my business

tks for reply yes the box is several years old now.im told i own the box so i am responsible if it fails. what if tell them i dont want sky plus now do you think they may reconsider!! to keep my business

You could tell them you want to upgrade to sky+ hd im sure you get a free box but you need to re contract for 12 months and its an extra £10 A MONTH FOR HD subs. Or you can but a second hand plus box from ebay and get them to pair your card to it. They are pretty cheap on the bay

OOW (out of warranty) service call is approx £65, and for this an engineer will swap box for a recon "A" grade and will want to take your old box, BUT, you do not have to let him, as it is OOW and you can either sell or repair the old box yourself.

Back