sky box problems help me please

Stoomcoo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok my sky box is telling me that no satalite signal is being recieved??
I have checked all connections including the one at the dish and they are ok
Previous to this my picture was freezing and breaking up
It is an amsrad box
any help would be greatly appreciated
Stewarty

very possible that your dish needs re-alignment. Can you borrow another digibox to test and make sure? Alternatively can you take your digibox to someone else who has a working dish?

will it be ok to connect to another dish regards the lnb etc
I have not had a telephone cable connected to my box could it be anything to do with that
Stewarty

Nope dont think the phoneline has any thing to do with it.

Go to your services menu select system set up and then signal test.

If you have a signal strength and quality reading-indicated by a grey bar over the blue line then the problem is likely to be inside on the cabling or the box itself......perform a system reset and check your connections-this worked for me.....:)

bert1 said:
Nope dont think the phoneline has any thing to do with it.

Go to your services menu select system set up and then signal test.

If you have a signal strength and quality reading-indicated by a grey bar over the blue line then the problem is likely to be inside on the cabling or the box itself......perform a system reset and check your connections-this worked for me.....:)
as I said I have checked the connections already
on doing the signal test I have a signal but the picture is freezing

if its one of the old amstrads think they are a bit prone to failure m8

you could do a forced software upgrade and see if that helps ( likely won't but it's really the only thing you can do before getting an engineer out:proud: )

turn box off at mains.... hold in backup button on the front of the box in and also turn mains power back on..hold the backup in for about 5-10 secs and all the lights on the front of the box will light up. release the buttons and sit back for about 5 Min's while the box loads the latest software.

This can sometimes take glitches out of the system... but i think it's your box:D thats if your signal strength and signal quality are good

All the Pace boxes( i know yours is amstrad) that are about 3-4 years old are diein' now

symptoms are.... no sat signal and you go in and check signal test and quality and it looks fine and suddenly one of the bars drops straight down to nothing and straight back up again.. box is fecked:Chainsaw:

BIG BAD BILL said:
you could do a forced software upgrade and see if that helps ( likely won't but it's really the only thing you can do before getting an engineer out:proud: )

turn box off at mains.... hold in backup button on the front of the box in and also turn mains power back on..hold the backup in for about 5-10 secs and all the lights on the front of the box will light up. release the buttons and sit back for about 5 Min's while the box loads the latest software.

This can sometimes take glitches out of the system... but i think it's your box:D thats if your signal strength and signal quality are good

All the Pace boxes( i know yours is amstrad) that are about 3-4 years old are diein' now

symptoms are.... no sat signal and you go in and check signal test and quality and it looks fine and suddenly one of the bars drops straight down to nothing and straight back up again.. box is fecked:Chainsaw:
cheers thats the problem with my signal etc I have ann engineer coming out tomorrow free of charge I just told them that I couldn't afford the 65 quid as it was xmas time and I would just have to cancel my package then the girl said well we can get an engineer out to you free of charge to fix or replace the box:banana:

Back