skimming advice !!

maarksparky

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

my DIY saga continues lol...

I need to get the my living room ceiling skimmed.. the size is 18 feet by 12 feet. Cant change the boards as it would be a too big job to do myself..

any plasterers here can advice me roughly how much it would cost me so I have an idea ??

cheers

As a newb to skimming your better off with multifinish rather than board finish

you'll probably only need 1 bag for an area that size, fiver a bag for miltifinish at B&Q

Buy 2 just in case but you can always take one back!

Last edited:
As a newb to skimming your better off with multifinish rather than board finish

you'll probably only need 1 bag for an area that size, fiver a bag for miltifinish at B&Q

Buy 2 just in case but you can always take one back!

I think the OP's asking how much for a tradesman to do it mate.
HH.

1 bag to skim that area no chance , Your looking @ a 1/2 day for a plaster or 10am 3pm finish @ loads of mess and around £100 -£150 for a plaster to get it up there nice and flat best to empty whole room
best advice is don't try it yourself ... you will get more on you and the floor than you do on the ceiling ...

personally I would get a plasterer to do it as with a ceiling you are working above head height and if your not used to it Will be difficult
unlike if you was starting off on a wall :)

depending on area but you should expect to pay about £150 - £200 for a decent job

thanks guys.. got couple of guys to come in a give quote.. cheapest I got was £150 so RAT bigman you were right..

need to empty the room now and take the paper which is gonna be a hell of a job..

my DIY saga continues lol...

LOL with you saying diy continues i assumed you were goin to have a crack at it yourself,but as others have said you'd probably get more on floor than ceiling so £150s not a bad price m8

I have dabbled with the fine art of plastering, takes a lot of patience, never tried or would dream of trying a ceiling though ;)

As for £150 I got 4 walls and the ceiling done for that, good job as well.

thats a bargain dutcho.. could the plasterer speak english lol...

if you were in scotland, I could have used the plasterer you used.. :(

were in sctland are you mate i`m in aberdeen i would have re-sheeted it for you

Back