six pack??

premprop51

DW F1 champion 2011
VIP Member
Reaction score
going on holiday over xmas and need to start building the 6pack will a couple hundered sip-ups a day workor do i need to watch what im eating as well??

cheers.

going on holiday over xmas and need to start building the 6pack will a couple hundered sip-ups a day workor do i need to watch what im eating as well??

cheers.

Can you give us a general idea of your age/height/weight? What exercise you do at the moment and what your diet is like?

You will need to lose fat from around your stomach as well as exercising to achieve a six pack. Sit ups, stomach crunches and some machines if you go to the gym are the way to go. You can also buy an ab belt which is a battery operated device that sends electrical impulses to your abdominal muscles helping to exercise them and use that every day. But it all depends on your starting weight and diet. :)

hi m8,

im 31/about5'9''/11st, i do boxing training 1 night a week play squash/golf/motocross/snowboarding and have quite a physical job...but smoke and drink farrrr 2 much! my diet could also be better it goes ok till the weekend then its tits-up....but as from tomorrow im gonna try change that!...im far from fat could just do with being better toned!!have u or anyone else ever tried the ab belt??

cheers m8.

Yeah, i have tried the ab belt but would do situps etc as well as using it. I feel that it does help but i wouldn't just use it and not do the exercise. If you are going to get one don't get a really expensive one and get one that is easy to use. There are mixed reviews on them, a lot of people say they don't work at all. Do Electric Ab Stimulators Really Work?

What i found was if i use mine every day it definitely makes a difference, but that the specific abdominal exercises do work better. So i personally might use the ab belt for half an hour after being to the gym.

You have a bmi of 22.7 so you are in the normal weight range, underweight is under 18.5 and overweight is over 25, so maybe look at your fat intake. Little things make a difference over time so for example if you would normally have fried rice with your chinese get boiled rice instead, and try the lite beer?

You have a good exercise regime already and are physically active in your job so it's just a question of targeting the abs really. The abdomen is one area where if you put the work in the results should show up pretty quickly, so you should have a lovely six pack by christmas. I want to see the holiday pics! ;)

hi m8,

im 31/about5'9''/11st, i do boxing training 1 night a week play squash/golf/motocross/snowboarding and have quite a physical job...but smoke and drink farrrr 2 much! my diet could also be better it goes ok till the weekend then its tits-up....but as from tomorrow im gonna try change that!...im far from fat could just do with being better toned!!have u or anyone else ever tried the ab belt??

cheers m8.

Dude, we have have to stop beating around the bush.... You got a belly pal?:proud:

You could do a million situps but that won't shift the fat around your stomac. Stomac fat is stuborn as fook, as I know myself. I've got a tinny belly which has been around for a while and no amount out exercise seems to shift it.

Bottom line is I will have to be very, VERY strict with my carb intake and foods high in GI (sweet, sugary) until it has left, then I could probably get away with my normal modist diet without it returning.

The alchohol wil feck with your liver and make it less efficient at metabolising fat causing weight gain. So stop drinking (bar one or 2 real ales at the weekend).

Abs are 90% diet, end of... do as many crunches as you like but it will get you no where, you sexy bastard. And smoking, well, no one needs to tell you how bad that crap is for you...

Carbs and sugar, carbs and sugar, carbs and sugar!!!!

HEY!...lol...go easy on the belly buddy!:grrrr: it just needs a little tlc.

thing is my m8s nearly exactly same weight/height etc but just has to look at food/beer and he puts on weight and struggles to lose it,but im the opposite no matter how much i eat or what i eat/drink my weight stays pretty much the same just looking to tone it a wee bit!

cheers.

lol, in that case mate make sure you do a wide range of ab exersises, not just situps. look on here and the net to work out moves and switch them up. Look for core exercises, side crunches. Do 'The Plank' and other isometrics. Doing squats with a bar bell works your core muscles too. Good luck...

Couple of quick things, Diet is more important then exercise, no amount of exercise is going to shift the fat if your diet is crap. Fat shifting exercise cannot target which area of the body you will lose fat from. What you can do is tone up so when the fat is gone then you have something to show. Also genetics plays a part in things, your friend could eat like crap and still be thin, sorry nothing you can do about that but it does not mean he is healthy. Finally good abs does not necassary mean a healthy body. I am sure you are doing all over conditioning as well as your abs ?

A common body fat percentage where people can see their abs is 10%.

A common body fat percentage where people can see their abs is 10%.

I would add that different people carry fat on different areas. So even if you are dropping weight, you may not necessarily lose your belly fat first.

Back