Siren Blood Curse

karym6

DW Regular
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this out yet? I am just about to go buy it as my Unreal Tournament 3 save just got reset back to the start (how dumb is it having the new campaign option do that?).

I bought it yesterday and I wished I'd kept my money. :(

It starts off pretty cool, it throws you in at the deep end immediately and offers us some pretty creepy visuals along the lines of Silent Hill (Dead nurses etc, smashing!). However, you soon realise that the 12 episodes that make up the game are nothing more than 12 tasks, some episodes ask you do do two or three things but it's never indepth stuff like you'd find in games like Silent Hill or even Resident Evil, it's just over too quickly.

The thing that put me completely off the game was the 'vision hijacking', what a pile of cack, in essence it allows you to see through the eyes of the enemies, in theory it sounded quite a decent idea but in reality it's utter shit and just confuses the shit out of me.

Tomorrow I'm going to pull the cutains, turn on my air-con (fan, lol) and have another bash at it, but that 'vision hijack' crap really put me off.

Hmm, shame. I saw this advertised as an episodic game - which would probably work better than having all the episodes lumped into one 'big' game.

Think I will save my pennies on this one then.

is there actually any good games for this console? or shall i just stick to the xbox 360.

Super Stardust HD is superb, one of the best games I've ever played on any system. :)

But it's only a glorified version of Asteroids which you download from the Playstation Network (poor excuse for Xbox Live) and costs around a fiver.

Metal Gear Solid is a PS3 exclusive and it get great reviews, apart from that.......

It's a big dissapointment mate, I got mine for free so I'm not complaining too much, but I'm seriously considering putting it on eBay.

Did you know that you have to install all your games onto the Hard Drive, it's a step backwards if u ask me.

You dont have to install all your games, most of the ones coming out now give you the option and quite a lot just dont need it.

Out of all of mine, only GTA4 and Assasins Creed needed to be installed and GTA4 gives you the choice to install or not.

When it comes to games, MGS4 is amazing as is Resistance FOM and DMC4. Games that are dissapointing are Unreal Tournament 3 & GTA4 etc - but then they look pretty much identical to the 360 versions.

At the end of the day, the PS3 is much more powerful and can acheive greater things than the 360, just needs time.

It's far more powerful on paper that's for sure, and just how long are we gonna have to wait, haven't we waited long enough?

That argument is starting to wear very thin.

DMC4 is also available on the 360 BTW.

yup DMC4 is on the 360, thats the version I first got - I had the others on PSX/PS2 and thought I would give it a crack on the 360. Thing is the bloody thing got the RROD, so I bought it for the PS3 (on special).

I am fairly sure that there will be some stunning games for it, I mean MGS4 was a corker - it would be impossible to do that on the 360 given that its hampered by the DVD drive. I think I read somewhere that at E3 many games studios are no retooling to crank out PS3 games for both the console and for the PSN.

Cant wait personally :)

I am also quite interested to see if MS will allow third parties to produce the 360 - I reckon this could solve a whole bunch of the hardware quality issues we get. Might even end up with that 360 built into a telly as well..

im sure by the time its sorted out the next next gen consoles will be out

it would be impossible to do that on the 360 given that its hampered by the DVD drive.

I was wondering how long it would take someone to come out with this regarding a PS3 exclusive, didn't think it would have been you though mate. :)

What's to stop the game from being spread over a few DVD's?

We already have multi-disc games, storage is not an issue.

The problem with exclusives is that we're always going to get fanboys claiming that "Your console could NEVER do THIS!", which is infact true because the game is an exclusive, that's like me discussing HALO and saying to a PS3 owner "Your console could never do THAT!", lol

:)

True fanboyism (is there such a word) shown by karym6 there i think.;)
I was wondering how long it would take someone to come out with this regarding a PS3 exclusive, didn't think it would have been you though mate. :)

The problem with exclusives is that we're always going to get fanboys claiming that "Your console could NEVER do THIS!", which is infact true because the game is an exclusive, that's like me discussing HALO and saying to a PS3 owner "Your console could never do THAT!", lol

I couldnt help myself lol :)

Games spread out over a number of disc, yeah why not? The amount of discs shouldnt really detract from a great game regardless.

At the end of the day, the PS3 is a lot better at being shiny, plus you can use it as a nice pannini toaster!!

I've just killed a mouse (a real warm bloodied one)

I feel really guilty. :(

PS3 certainly is a shiny shiny thing!

Honestly, at this moment in time, I reckon it's a poor choice if your a games player for a number of reasons.

However.....it is a fooking awesome Blu-Ray player and I do believe that my Divx playback on the PS3 is better than the 360, image seems cleaner and it might even be upscaled - although I'm not 100% sure.

Hold on a second, aren't you on my PSN buddy list??? :)

Do you mean the game? lol

Game really isn't retail quality mate, fantgastic High Def visuals but very easily achieved objectives and a control system (Visual Hijacking) that is simply diabolical!

Last edited:
Honestly, at this moment in time, I reckon it's a poor choice if your a games player for a number of reasons.

However.....it is a fooking awesome Blu-Ray player and I do believe that my Divx playback on the PS3 is better than the 360, image seems cleaner and it might even be upscaled - although I'm not 100% sure.

Lol i meant the game mate, i was looking at it, but now im not sure.

Just realised that mate, I edited my post :)

KK mate i wont be getting it then. Have you tried the echochrome demo, all i can say is WTF.

Back