Sir Bobby Robson

HibbyDave

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Sir Bobby Robson
Quote:

Former England manager Sir Bobby Robson has admitted he will lose his battle with lung cancer "sooner rather than later".

Robson has been battling a fifth bout of the illness and has accepted doctors' prognosis that he is unlikely to beat it.

Speaking to The Sun, he said: "I have accepted what they have told me and I am determined to make the most of what time I have left.

"I am going to die sooner rather than later. But then everyone has to go some time, and I have enjoyed every minute.

"I have been fortunate to survive this long. It is thanks to the doctors and their dedication."

Sir Bobby, who took England to the brink of a World Cup final in Italy in 1990, has enjoyed a football career spanning six decades - from playing days with Fulham and England, to managerial triumphs first with Ipswich and then as national coach at two World Cups, to continental coaching appointments.

He later returned to his native north-east to take over at Newcastle and most recently spent a short time as consultant for the Republic of Ireland.

Very sad news. A true football great and someone who always seemed like a genuine nice guy. Enjoy the time you have left...it's well deserved
agree.gif

One of my all time favorite managers. I still believe if the gutter press hadn't have hounded him out then England may actually have won something else.

I hope he enjoys what time he has left.

living legend... hope sir bobby enjoys what time he has left :)

I think he's a fantastic manager too.

Actually, I have always said that any England team today couldn't lace the boots of the team Sir Bobby had. World Cup semi-finalists in 1990 and he got feckin' slated by the press as they do with all their nations managers.

Cappello is next!

Two of the most thankless jobs in world football are England & Hearts :)

Anyway, It will be a sad loss to world football when he passes on. I too hope he enjoys the time he has left.

A true footballing legend and gentleman who has achieved much more in life and also in football than some of the current crop of aloof, self centred big headed no marks who now ply their trade for millions of pounds in the Premier League.

i'll never forget italia 90 and england v germany great game great team great manager thanks for the memorys Sir Bob , :Clap: . and wen that time comes to pass on may it be quick and painless .

lives/loves his football, hope he hangs on long as he can

FOOTBALL WILL MISS HIM

Bungling Bobby Robson - my favorite England manager in living memory.

Terrible to hear such news of man loved by thousands if not millions.

No nonsense straight talking genuine stand up bloke.

big mistake when we got rid of him bloody Shepherd, hope this thread don't become a prelim to the obituary

Sir Bobby Robson
Quote:

Former England manager Sir Bobby Robson has admitted he will lose his battle with lung cancer "sooner rather than later".

Robson has been battling a fifth bout of the illness and has accepted doctors' prognosis that he is unlikely to beat it.

Speaking to The Sun, he said: "I have accepted what they have told me and I am determined to make the most of what time I have left.

"I am going to die sooner rather than later. But then everyone has to go some time, and I have enjoyed every minute.

"I have been fortunate to survive this long. It is thanks to the doctors and their dedication."

Sir Bobby, who took England to the brink of a World Cup final in Italy in 1990, has enjoyed a football career spanning six decades - from playing days with Fulham and England, to managerial triumphs first with Ipswich and then as national coach at two World Cups, to continental coaching appointments.

He later returned to his native north-east to take over at Newcastle and most recently spent a short time as consultant for the Republic of Ireland.

Very sad news. A true football great and someone who always seemed like a genuine nice guy. Enjoy the time you have left...it's well deserved
agree.gif

it will be a sad lose to football when it comes enjoy the rest sir bobby

Back