single channel causing problems

2old4this

Inactive User
Reaction score
Problem is i have tested 3 different servers for the last 3 months from different ppl what i have noticed that out all the sky channels i am getting freezing from star plus channel day/night. Question is why is it only this channel thats doing this. you could say all servers are run by same person but no
only have normal 60cm sky dish plus DM600s

First server had xxx channels and zee cafe

Second server had no xxx channels or zee cafe

Any help would be great

if its only on the one channel, use a channel / transponder list to find other channels on the same transponder, youll probably have issues with those as well

it sounds like outside inteference on your incoming signal, do you have a DECT phone near the telly, or does your dish cable run past a DECT phone? try moving the phone. Do you have wireless broadband? if the router is close to the telly / cable, try turning it off and see if it clears, changing the BB wireless channel will solve it if so, but can also move the problem to other channels

if neither of those, the neighbour may have wireless BB thats causing it, turn off EVERYTHING in the house except the receiver and telly, if its fine, one by one turn things back on untill you find it, including removing the batteries from any RF heating thermostats, wireless doorbells and anything else thats capable of transmitting a signal

things like this are a pain in the arse to locate, especially if its next doors wireless BB causing it, but ive seen most of them at some point

if its only on the one channel, use a channel / transponder list to find other channels on the same transponder, youll probably have issues with those as well

it sounds like outside inteference on your incoming signal, do you have a DECT phone near the telly, or does your dish cable run past a DECT phone? try moving the phone. Do you have wireless broadband? if the router is close to the telly / cable, try turning it off and see if it clears, changing the BB wireless channel will solve it if so, but can also move the problem to other channels

if neither of those, the neighbour may have wireless BB thats causing it, turn off EVERYTHING in the house except the receiver and telly, if its fine, one by one turn things back on untill you find it, including removing the batteries from any RF heating thermostats, wireless doorbells and anything else thats capable of transmitting a signal

things like this are a pain in the arse to locate, especially if its next doors wireless BB causing it, but ive seen most of them at some point

I do not have the DECT phone base near the tv. i have the PC and router in the attic/studio tv/box in the living room Wireless Channel is set to 6 using belkin will drop it to 4 and see what happens. also i will turn off the DECT phone base and pull the battery out of the wireless doorbell. one day it could be running fine. next day its playing up. i have kids that use wireless laptops and iphone

Star Plus I think is on Eurobird 28.5 and that is more prone to local interferance issues. First of all it could be the lnb skew not correct or even a faulty lnb, but maybe when it has break-up can you check a free channel on the transponder? Looking on the list it seems 11261 H 27500 is where Star Plus is, so what about the Horror channel on the same transponder? If that breaks up too then it's not related with shares and totally to do with signal efficiency ~like a local signal interferance.

Star Plus I think is on Eurobird 28.5 and that is more prone to local interferance issues. First of all it could be the lnb skew not correct or even a faulty lnb, but maybe when it has break-up can you check a free channel on the transponder? Looking on the list it seems 11261 H 27500 is where Star Plus is, so what about the Horror channel on the same transponder? If that breaks up too then it's not related with shares and totally to do with signal efficiency ~like a local signal interferance.

I have had avery wireless stuff switched off for a day changed the wireless channel to 4
still the channel is breaking up i have checked Horror channel and Star News and they work fine
SNR is 87%

Last edited:

Thanks Digi Dude, I also had terrible interference when watching 1 channel thought it was some sort of interference from the Belkin Power gang the cables are near, as when I switched the gang off, everthing worked fine, however after reading your post, I've realised that it probably wasn't the gang causing the problems, but the DECT phone plugged into the gang which was causing the interference, well that's the theory, I'll test tonight.

Thanks Digi Dude, I also had terrible interference when watching 1 channel thought it was some sort of interference from the Belkin Power gang the cables are near, as when I switched the gang off, everthing worked fine, however after reading your post, I've realised that it probably wasn't the gang causing the problems, but the DECT phone plugged into the gang which was causing the interference, well that's the theory, I'll test tonight.
What's a belkin power gang? As I have belkin cable router too

Back