simple question can i use a DM500C As a satellite cccam server ?

2primo

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am aware it can not be used as a sat receiver obviously due to the tuner incompatibility ie cable tuner ( i dont want to change the tuner )
i just want to use it as a sever for my white card ...

I have successfully set up and shared my card in my dm800 but i have read the dm500 c/s works better as a sever as they run cooler and are more stable
I have also read that what im asking Can ! be done but it was a fleeting reference and held no details , And as i dont yet have the box (purchsed for a £10 ) So i cant try it

Will / Can it read the white card ? yehh i know i will have dl cccam via blue button and add box key and my share lines etc etc

So assuming i mirror whats in my dm800 Cccam.cfg thats currently working
will work ???
thx for looking

For £10 what do you have to lose. The reader does not have anything to do with the tuner, but you may have to remove the card to a box that will update the card from the satellite feed.

Try it, that is what testing is about.

not fussed about the £10 tbh it was the time factor i dont have a lot spare just now !! but you raised a valid point about the update tho thx
any one know for sure if the C version will work as a sat server ??

the image auto detects the tuner, and sorts the relevant service files for that tuner, other than that, its the same as a sat receiver

i actually took the DW cable image and used it on a sat receiver with no problems

install your CS software and CAM emulator as normal, enable AU from clients, and youre good to go m8

the dm500c DOES run as a cccam server for sat.. in fact mine is currently doing very that right now..

it will read the white cards fine i had about 20 on mine at one point.

you can set it to recieve updates via your server clients but its not reccommended due to the current hits on the cards

Awesome thx thats wa i was looking for and tha also answered a Q i had in my mind about using a client to grab the updates lol
i thought ahh thats gota be possible , whats the issue exactly with this ?
i assume its a problem due to the client not having the boxkey or am i totaly off the mark
any hoo thx chaps just what i wtd the hear i can swap it over to the dm800 when required but i just wtd a spare in case it went down !!
thats a cheap spare sever ehh

there was an ecm being sent out that was killing the cards a while back.. i dunno if this is still the case.

as for the updates... they do work... clients dont need the box key as thats done at the server side..

Back