Simple Guide To Flashing Dreambox 500c?

Gunner786

Inactive User
Reaction score
So let me get this right then,
i've looked at all the guides and everything and excluding all the technical stuff and options,this is the process that i've worked out

connect dbox to computer
start dreamup
power box on
flash image onto dbox
then once flashing is done then reboot and scan for the channels right?

is that all?

This was in one of the guides
for this part we will look at scanning for channels. we will persume you have already flashed your image over and have set it up for the uk.

you will need a valid cables.xml which will give you the scanning options you need. again theres are available from
http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/dreambox/

Now the bold bits i dont get,
i've worked everything else out but just these 2 still confuse me,
how do i set it up for the uk and how do i get this cables.xml file and what do i do with it?

If you have flashed a UK image, i.e. DW image, DiorJ, etc etc, then it will already be setup for the UK, no need to add any cables.xml files.

What you've done is correct, flash and scan for channels. :)

If you have flashed a UK image, i.e. DW image, DiorJ, etc etc, then it will already be setup for the UK, no need to add any cables.xml files.

What you've done is correct, flash and scan for channels. :)
but what if my box is brand new?
still the same procedure?

what does it matter if the box is new or not?you have flashed an new image on that is set up for theu uk,just scan

So let me get this right then,
i've looked at all the guides and everything and excluding all the technical stuff and options,this is the process that i've worked out
connect dbox to computer
start dreamup
power box on
flash image onto dbox
then once flashing is done then reboot and scan for the channels right?
is that all?
This was in one of the guides
Now the bold bits i dont get,
i've worked everything else out but just these 2 still confuse me,
how do i set it up for the uk and how do i get this cables.xml file and what do i do with it?

Just for clarity - the post is headed 'FLASHING THE DREAMBOX 500C' and you've cut/pasted text for the DBOX (if you have a DBOX, Sagem, Nokia etc - then ignore the text below)!

If it's a DM500C - then DreamUp, a null modem cable and any working image (i.e. DW 1.6.2) will install a working image onto your Dreambox 500C.

Again for clarity (and I assume you've downloaded the Image above or similar- which is the same as the 'working software for your box which will allow you to decrypt channels')

Simply double click the dreamup software - connect the 500C to your PC via the null modem cable, click on the connect button on Dreamup. You'll be asked to power up the 500C box - as soon as you do - you'll get confirmation from DreamUp that it is indeed a DM500C. When its confirmed this you'll be asked what image you want to install - choose the image (see above for definition) - and when asked by DreamUp if you want to perform a 'Flash Erase' - choose the Ja (yes) option. 12 minutes (roughly) later and your box will be ready to use.

Once it's done - just plug it into your TV, cable feed and watch the box boot up. You'll be asked a few simple questions (i.e. You want to use PAL TV system, you want to use 'English' or any of the other language options - and use GMT for the time).

Then from the menu - choose (generally) option 6 setup - and go for the AUTOMATIC SEARCH option. If (rule of thumb - but 90% right) you were ntell (before VM) choose the scan on 6887 option, if ex Telepest choose 6952. If unsure - use bruteforce (it does both).

When it's finished just sort to your personal taste.

Hope that helps :)

Back