Sim in the dreambox

sheraz2

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

I have an older dreambox and I'm guessing there's an old sim in it as it won't accept newer images and when I try to update the SSl it goes into error no ca found.

Where can I get a newer sim from?

Can I update the existing one?

Any help appreciated. Vu+ so much easier to use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that. Right I must have the old one as none of the recent images work.

Guess I'm going to have to upgrade the sim.

Thanks for that. Right I must have the old one as none of the recent images work.

Guess I'm going to have to upgrade the sim.

20 bucks US from the well known supplier. Not sure if it's a straight swap plug and play or if you need to run the sim 2 repair tool ( in downloads ) to fix the bootloader, maybe someone more tekky than me can offer their wisdom.

Thanks from reading that thread you linked. Apparently you can upgrade the sims. Now to find some one that can do it.

If your buying a new sim look into the AP82 sim. It is the only sim which is running the latest original images with original drivers. I,e it is passing dream security checks. Currently sim 2 team or Ferrari sims cannot run the latest images without patching to older drivers and enigma 2 versions.
Infact not sure if you can get a AP82 sim for older non SE dreamboxes.. If not your next best bet is a sim2.1 . Check your board, tuner and memory type on your box first for compatibility.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
If your buying a new sim look into the AP82 sim. It is the only sim which is running the latest original images with original drivers. I,e it is passing dream security checks. Currently sim 2 team or Ferrari sims cannot run the latest images without patching to older drivers and enigma 2 versions.
Infact not sure if you can get a AP82 sim for older non SE dreamboxes.. If not your next best bet is a sim2.1 . Check your board, tuner and memory type on your box first for compatibility.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

not sure what board or tuner is in there, i think the tuner is on the way out so will need replacing, i know it is a good couple of years old so will be one of the first dm800hd to be released.

was there a sim 1?

guess i might have to open it up and have a better look.

There was a sim1, this later became Ferrari SIM. Yeah you will need to pull out the SIM and compare the markings on it to the set of pictures floating around on the net. You might be able to upgrade the SIM to a Ferrari SIM.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

hi

yes i seen the upgrade procedure from sim 1 to ferrari sim, now im hoping i have that sim to make life easy.

i will update once i get a chance to play with the box, wont be till a few weeks as im busy with work at the moment.

Back