Silicone Sealant

dar1437

Worldz Biggest Oddball
VIP Member
Reaction score
On rare occasions i need yo use this, and usually only need a small amount.
By the time i need it again, it's set solid lol.

They should make a small size tube you can squeeze with your hand. :)

They do. But a small tube usually costs the same as a normal one, with only about 1/10th the amount. Best to get friendly with a local plumber.

Or just leave a little bit of silicone sticking out the top,maybe 10mm and it will set, this then stops air entering the nozzle and when you need to use it again just pull the small bit out gently and Bobs your Mothers Brother :D

Or just leave a little bit of silicone sticking out the top,maybe 10mm and it will set, this then stops air entering the nozzle and when you need to use it again just pull the small bit out gently and Bobs your Mothers Brother :D
Nice theory, but never seems to work for me. I have had more luck by driving an oversize wood screw into the nozzle then pulling it out with pliers next time I want to use. This also removes the silicone 'plug'. This usually works for a few months.

I've had great success by placing plastic bag material over the end and using a rubber band to make an airtight seal. The key is to squirt fresh material out and then very quickly seal it off after wiping off the excess. Taking the whole container and placing it in an airtight bag and removing any excess air before sealing helps even more. Even with this I often have to use a wood screw, just like trevortron mentioned above, to unclog the tube. However, it usually unclogs very easily (within about 30 seconds). I agree with the smaller tube idea but you know that the price would be only marginally less because prices rarely scale in a sensible manner.

Yet another old thread being used for points
Oh cripes! Sorry about that, I saw Sept 14 but didn't see the year. Can I retract my post? I think a lot of folks fall into the same trap of not noticing the date so it might be some good info.

Reactions: gez
We use it in the garage and end up giving it a blow job with compressed air to blow it out backwards :p :p

We use it in the garage and end up giving it a blow job with compressed air to blow it out backwards :p :p
Hey that's not a bad idea. So you would use an attachment that would be used to fill a ball and press it through the offending silicone that is set up in the nozzle? The only downside is that you might ruin the stuff left in the tube by introducing moisture. I think that the silicone's setting up is catalyzed by water but I'm not sure. Also did you have any tubes rupture on you?

No we have an air line hose and attachment with a small tip for compressed air under high pressure,remove the screw on top of cartridge and then let rip and when clear screw it back on.

Great way of sweeping the garage floor as no brush is needed and burst of compressed air moves plenty of crap.

At least normal silicone is cheap.

Wait till this happens to you with a special order silicone or adhesive like forever white and you have to fork out €25+ for another tube.

On rare occasions i need yo use this, and usually only need a small amount.
By the time i need it again, it's set solid lol.

They should make a small size tube you can squeeze with your hand. :)
I thought you had a small one that you squeeze. Moving swiftly over to the adult room. 😳🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

Back