Sikh teenager wins bangle case

Status
Not open for further replies.
the girl states 'im a welsh punjabi sikh'

without being as racist as it sounds, WTF is a welsh punjabi? ive seen little bwgers, dragons, had millions of cwtches and i even believe in welsh cakes

once again, common sense takes a kicking cos of the loud mouth of a minority all in the name of political correctness

Again I will re-itterate, our laws allow the freedom to follow religion (the school rules can't override the law).

except where that religion is chrisitanity

fkin pathetic

Last edited:
You mean some had explosives strapped to them ? wow what a school

They should treat religion the same as smoking and ban if from all public places

I took that as a a bit of humour and had a good chuckle at it.

My opinion on this whole fiasco. As long as its the same for every pupil and not just minorities that are allowed to wear religious symbols. The school thought it had the right policy but you will always get people exploiting it.

except where that religion is chrisitanity

Proof? I don't recall any stories of Christianity being outlawed in this country.

By the way, i'm atheist and hold equal contempt to all religions. I just don't buy all this we're Christians, we're being oppressed in our own country crap. I also don't understand how a story and thread like this creates so much interest when there are many other stories of murders/rapes etc.

Makes sense to me, it completely describes her ethnicity and the place she lives (it's like someone describing themselves as Afro-American).

so its ok for her to stand on national telly and say 'im proud to be a welsh punjabi and make a stand for all sikhs' etc etc etc

yet if i were to stand on telly and say' im proud to be welsh and white, and think all religion is total bullcrap and should be outlawed' im automatically racist, zenophobic, get hated by every religious nut there is

the rules are made to make things uniform for all, if one pupil doesnt agree with the rules, then they should look for alternative schooling.

so its ok for her to stand on national telly and say 'im proud to be a welsh punjabi and make a stand for all sikhs' etc etc etc

yet if i were to stand on telly and say' im proud to be welsh and white, and think all religion is total bullcrap and should be outlawed' im automatically racist, zenophobic, get hated by every religious nut there is

the rules are made to make things uniform for all, if one pupil doesnt agree with the rules, then they should look for alternative schooling.

The big difference is what she is saying doesn't impact on anybody else or their way of life, whereas saying you would outlaw every religion is impeding other peoples way of life. Whether you think its bullcrap or not is irrelevant.
The rule to make one uniform for all is a school rule, not a law. In this day and age, if that's what the school are prepared to focus on to the degree that it needed to go to court then they are severely focussing their resources in the wrong place.

Ship who where? This a 14 year old Welsh girl.
Again I will re-itterate, our laws allow the freedom to follow religion (the school rules can't override the law).
I'm assuming by "over there" (whereever there is, like I said this girl is Welsh) you are comparing our values to those other countries that you are criticising, surely that's what makes us different, our freedom to express ourselves (religiously or politically).

Ok lets get this straight She is not Welsh she is Indian following her Indian culture but living in Wales

Ok lets get this straight She is not Welsh she is Indian following her Indian culture but living in Wales

Erm no.........
Let me spell it out for you, She is a 14 year old Welsh Girl who is a practicing Seikh. Her parents (or maybe Grandparents) were originally from India.
I see no reference to them following an Indian culture, by the way can you tell me what an Indian culture is?

Erm no.........
Let me spell it out for you, She is a 14 year old Welsh Girl who is a practicing Seikh. Her parents (or maybe Grandparents) were originally from India.
I see no reference to them following an Indian culture, by the way can you tell me what an Indian culture is?

You have your opinion I have mine lets agree to disagree

Welsh my arse

Does that mean you can't tell me what an Indian culture is?

Sikh culture is composed of many different aspects. Like in all cultures, Sikh culture consists of many festivals and ceremonies. Hence the bangle

No Jewellery means no jewelley. Crosses, bangles, etc Another example of religion winning out over rules.

another load of s**te that shouldnt of reached courts and wasted money

Sikh culture is composed of many different aspects. Like in all cultures, Sikh culture consists of many festivals and ceremonies. Hence the bangle

Sikh culture?? You were talking about Indian Culture. Sikhism is a religion not a culture, but disregarding that, i'm unsure how the Sikh "culture" of festivals and cermenonies is so abhorent to you that you wouldn't want them to celebrate them in this country, maybe I don't understand, does involve sacrificing virgins or something?

Like braces then? Does that mean braces should be banned also?

lmfao.

This is daft - as bronto states, it should never have gone to court in the first place!!

I didnt say anthing about braces mate. Im still talking about crosses which for some bizarre reason you dont think are jewellery when they are worn?

Its all a load of old crap anyway. The sooner all these crutch religions die out the better. Its all bollocks.

this is bollocks, as a Christian(i suppose), the bible says i can wear, 'the armour of god' to fight the devil, if i was getting picked on at school, does this mean i can wear a suit of armour? bible not too specific :)

oh to be more picky, mouth braces are technically in the body, they are inside the outer epidermis.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back