Signing into a firestick new account

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to create a new Amazon account for a stick an old fella I know has bought. I'm trying to set it up with a temp email address but I'm struggling.

I verified it with the 6 digit pin they sent to the email inbox but once I'd done that their asking for a mobile number.
Is there anyway round this mobile OTP ? my numbers already in use and he doesn't have a mobile.

Can you get virtual telephone numbers like temp emails and see text online ?

Last edited:
I can't remener the last time if I needed an number?
You can use your own amazon account or any other you have used before as you can have one account on many devices

I have 5 accounts I use mainly but only 1 mobile number so if I did need a number I must of used the same mobile number

Just tried to login and its asking for my mobile number but I just click this, see screenshot>>

ama.png

Last edited:
Just checked on mobile and laptop and the "not now" options not there

Strange that its not there for you but is for me, maybe try another browser

Also have you just tried to login on the firestick with your email/password?

Last edited:
Get one of them cheap (£1) PAYG sim cards mate, you'll get a few registrations off it before they say too many attempts. I got a few of the cheap sims and with some you can receive messages without any kind of top up. When sim card done chuck it and use another, works for me.

I've got one now thanks but, the stick won't bloody let me sign out sign in. It just goes blank on Profiles

I'm trying to create a new Amazon account for a stick an old fella I know has bought. I'm trying to set it up with a temp email address but I'm struggling.

I verified it with the 6 digit pin they sent to the email inbox but once I'd done that their asking for a mobile number.
Is there anyway round this mobile OTP ? my numbers already in use and he doesn't have a mobile.

Can you get virtual telephone numbers like temp emails and see text online ?
Doesn't matter if you have already used your number for an account. I used mine to set up an account for my mate in this thread. I also used my address as I didn't know his new address

I ended up using his daughters Amazon account and mobile.

Back