Signed up to vermin 50meg BB!!

Why would he change it?

he would only test at point where former modem was and replace. He aint gonna go hunting for splits in cable to see if you had anything dodgy.

if you ask them nice he might even give you a spliter and a length of cable lol

;)

Yes m8, the tech will set up the wifi and security etc on the router, and obvioulsy check cable to check signals.

The tech that fitted mine installed the telly box, fitted a splitter, plugged in the modem and left. :)

I'm not complaining though as I didn't really want him touching my PC anyway. :)

what exactly does the engineer install? a new modem and router? does he touch the cableing?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

The Engineer should be checking the signal levels.. To try and get the level to -5Db.. He should then be installing the modem.. setting up wireless/ Show the customer how to setup the wireless.. and then leave..

They wont change cables and check for splits as installation engineers dont fit 50Mb broadband.. Service techs do and they dont touch cable etc..

As for meanie with 5 cabled rooms.. You internet speed will be shyte unless you have Rg11 cable (thick cable) or and HDU Amp..

And engineers dont keep the dongles.. as each is assigned to the engineer.. if they go missing they pay for them.

The Engineer should be checking the signal levels.. To try and get the level to -5Db.. He should then be installing the modem.. setting up wireless/ Show the customer how to setup the wireless.. and then leave..

They wont change cables and check for splits as installation engineers dont fit 50Mb broadband.. Service techs do and they dont touch cable etc..

As for meanie with 5 cabled rooms.. You internet speed will be shyte unless you have Rg11 cable (thick cable) or and HDU Amp..

And engineers dont keep the dongles.. as each is assigned to the engineer.. if they go missing they pay for them.

U work for virgin K?

i don't think he'll have a modem in all 5 rooms, rg59 to the modem then cat 5 to the rooms.

U work for virgin K?

Indeed i do :).. i pay a little less that you ;)

50Mb broadband
V+ XL
Sports and movies
Sports and movies HD
2 hd boxes with all Hd channels..
Phone.. Unlimited local calls.. Mobile.. International (basikaly everything).

£44.50 PM :(

I get away with all these boxes as the cab is directly accross the street.. my levels are -5DB.. and get 48/49 MB :)

i don't think he'll have a modem in all 5 rooms, rg59 to the modem then cat 5 to the rooms.

Erm yes.., but he will have a cable feed in every room.. which he will lose signal quality.

scenario you want..

Top tap in cab --

15DB

Cable to house less than 100Metres -10Db

4way splitter each port -7Db

2 rooms ran off 1 port -4DB(splitter)

= -5.. perfect for 50mb :)

Also depends on quality of cable.. Brown is generaly shyte as its Old now :(

were is this deal available, for £8 extra. i cant see it on their site

not a deal m8 that is thegoing rate.

20mb bb os £20 pm

50 is £28 pm

hence the extra £8 pm

however that is if you have phone with then, slightly dearer if you dont, think 2omb is £33 pm just for bb.

were is this deal available, for £8 extra. i cant see it on their site

phone and complain about shitty service ya ya ya ya..... go to retentions and say u want to leave because of shitty service ya ya ya ya.......

tell them u dont want to pay to upgrade cos the service u get is crap.......

am i making sense? hope this helps m8.

phone and complain about shitty service ya ya ya ya..... go to retentions and say u want to leave because of shitty service ya ya ya ya.......

tell them u dont want to pay to upgrade cos the service u get is crap.......

am i making sense? hope this helps m8.

been doing that with them for years. already got a good deal off them, but was hoping to get 50mb BB for £8extra, but im only on 10mb just now. so it will cost me more than £8

I'm gonna try and blag them to try and get 50mb aswell, i had 2 more hd boxes put into bedrooms last wednesday totaling 4 hd boxes, 10mb BB ,phone and all channels on boxes for £81pm.
Not bad price has i was paying £95 just for the 2 box's and 20mb bb.
plus 1 vhd box didn't work so he fitted the new V+ box instead :proud:

With the PS3 finally getting hacked, I've actually got a genuine use for the 50mb connection. Some of the .iso's will be gigantic. :)

had 50mb fitted friday but the engineer didnt leave dongle after reading this thread just phoned them and they are sending one out happy days :Clap:

i upgraded and new deal i got was

telephone xl
tv size xl
bb xxl
free v+ hd box
free fitting bb and v+ box
free activation bb
free installation
sport package
£82.00

Hmmmm had my 50meg installed this morning , crappy engineer came out , finally got it up and running , no speed test carried out .

Getting crap download speed of around 8-12 mbps and 1.6 mbps upload , not happy

virgin upgrading upload speeds to 5mb up on 50mb plan and wen 100mb comes out wonder how much it be no way there going give it us free for 50meg users lol

Hmmmm had my 50meg installed this morning , crappy engineer came out , finally got it up and running , no speed test carried out .

Getting crap download speed of around 8-12 mbps and 1.6 mbps upload , not happy

Hi,

Dont use Speedtest dot net.. as its hammered..

I work for Vm and we dont use that site.. All trialists and staff use speedtest.bbmax

ive just tested mine and got

Last Result:
Download Speed: 50826 kbps (6353.3 KB/sec ) Upload Speed: 1631 kbps (203.9 KB/sec )

website is

_http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/

Speedtest should have been done and levels should have been checked with meter.. if it wasnt then you wont get nowhere near 50mb if its on the wrong tap..

Oh and dont use virginmedias own speed tester as it will tell you that you have 50 even if you havent.. same goes for 10/20mb..

Back