Signal too weak for modem with Dbox2

mickeydcarper10

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello,

I have broadband via N*l, and my modem works fine. If I disconnect the cable from the modem and plug in my Nokia Dbox2 this also works fine. If I then install a 2-way splitter to feed the modem and the Dbox simultaneously - the Dbox works but the modem doesn't. I have swapped the cables over to prove that both of the cables work and they do.

I suspect that I am expereincing a drop in the signal strength (due to the splitter being applied) and the signal to the modem is no longer strong enough.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks boys!

@mickeydcarper10
Do you use an amplified splitter? The most booster don't let pass the back channel from the modem.

I bought a splitter from maplins and split my n*l feed where it comes in the house as they had only supplied a one way splitter!!!!!! it cost me a tenner but well worth the money as dbox and broadband are both working fine

it is most probably the spliter being amplified like an above post said, just try a normal splitter should work fine

How strong does the signal have to be for a dBox or Dreambox? I currently have a BB modem and Samsung box in my room both attached via a splitter. If I attach a dBox will it run with my modem?

Is it possible to check the signal strength, possibly by using my Samsung box?

Back