Signal too weak for modem with Dbox2

Hello,

I have broadband via N*l, and my modem works fine. If I disconnect the cable from the modem and plug in my Nokia Dbox2 this also works fine. If I then install a 2-way splitter to feed the modem and the Dbox simultaneously - the Dbox works but the modem doesn't. I have swapped the cables over to prove that both of the cables work and they do.

I suspect that I am expereincing a drop in the signal strength (due to the splitter being applied) and the signal to the modem is no longer strong enough.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks boys!

mgb

Inactive User
@mickeydcarper10
Do you use an amplified splitter? The most booster don't let pass the back channel from the modem.

jeffcapes

Inactive User
I bought a splitter from maplins and split my n*l feed where it comes in the house as they had only supplied a one way splitter!!!!!! it cost me a tenner but well worth the money as dbox and broadband are both working fine

naijishi

Inactive User
it is most probably the spliter being amplified like an above post said, just try a normal splitter should work fine

rock

Member ++
How strong does the signal have to be for a dBox or Dreambox? I currently have a BB modem and Samsung box in my room both attached via a splitter. If I attach a dBox will it run with my modem?

Is it possible to check the signal strength, possibly by using my Samsung box?

TEST