Signal? ...sending me crazy

yorkshirelad

Inactive User
Reaction score
Cant pick up sky movies 4,5,6,7,8,9,10 .........everything else is fine ....so i purchased booster from argus the £8.99 1. And wolla i get the movie channels but now all the other 1s break up and freeze..i can't win? ANy ideas?

much appreciated

Cheers

Cant pick up sky movies 4,5,6,7,8,9,10 .........everything else is fine ....so i purchased booster from argus the £8.99 1. And wolla i get the movie channels but now all the other 1s break up and freeze..i can't win? ANy ideas?

much appreciated

Cheers

get a couple -3db and -6db attenuator or even the old fm splitter and have a play around. the signal need to go down a notch but i find adjusting the db on the booster dont really help much u have to use atttenuator or an old splitter to get the right signal.

Got to agree with gentex, however i have bought one of the cheap booster from china to test, if they work they will be the cheapest way forward.

I use the vsa 8 port with no probs at all, but got bored so thought i would try as i.ve tried most the others available.

I will post findings when it arrives.

Got to agree with gentex, however i have bought one of the cheap booster from china to test, if they work they will be the cheapest way forward.

I use the vsa 8 port with no probs at all, but got bored so thought i would try as i.ve tried most the others available.

I will post findings when it arrives.

i was thinking the same thing but i never got around to it...it would be nice if it did work a nice simpler and cheaper solution to the dreambox signal problems

You simply have to deliver the signal strength the tuner is wanting.
It looks like its a lottery which signal strength you get from your cc.
The reason for problems can also be bad wiring.

Last edited:
well this may be luck on my part, but i got two dreams and the first wouldnt pick sky movies/sports up until i put a booster on it,

so i got the next dream a week later, i bought a booster as i thought id have the same problem and guess what i did, no sky sports/movies BUT the booster didnt help and i thought wtf,

i suddenly relised the new dream id got i had put a different image on it, so i put the same image on the second one as id put on the first, bingo all channels with booster,

so i dont think its just signal/booster it has to be with some images aswell, the neutrino was awful even with booster so i put the digitalworld one on as i did with my first and on the first scan it got all the channels.

so id try different images with your booster on aswell as its down to image aswell as signal...well in my house anyway.

well i got original box and that works fine but the clone signal is weak, might be just that box but yes be aware.

same with me clone and original, both doing cracking jobs since booster and the right image.

What booster u using thommahawk and what cable type area u in?

What booster u using thommahawk and what cable type area u in?

got both from argos, one a few months ago which they dont sell now a mikomi ca-01, and i went the other day to get one of them slx?? ones from argos but they were out of stock so i bought the cheapest one they did at £7.50ish,

both boosters work and do the job, im in ex c&w (leeds)..like i said only thing that i did different on the 2 boxes where diff images, one worked ( all channels) the other was missing sly sports/movies, so i changed the image on that one so they both had the same image and it picked up all channels first scan,

so thats why i said it may not be just down to booster but choice of image too.

The argos boosters are not so good. They all have a gap between 230 and 470 mhz.

The argos boosters are not so good. They all have a gap between 230 and 470 mhz.

tell that to my two working boxes as they dont seem to know that lol....

and i think after watching the scan all channels between them freqs where picked up without the need for a booster, i think it was the higher freqs that didnt pick up but did with the booster. i,ll double check next time i decide to do a scan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Simply check the services file for the frequencies which are in use in your area. The most blokes don't know which frequencies are in use in their local area.

Sorry to jump on back of this post...some of you may rememeber the problems i had for ages with getting discovery to work, i bought one of the cheap boosters from argos, turned up full this done the job. i was happy.

Over the last week i have been playing with four modems attaining download speeds of over 30mb, i have only used it download a couple of films from new but i noticed that i have lost ALL sky sports and sky movies and discovery and even some free to air channels...i am wondering if they have spotted what i was doing and have moved me right down the bottom of the peg board, i have tried rescanning to, i get all the epg info but just no picture or a very blocky picture....or maybe this is the start of branson tinknering with the system ? Even when i disconnected the modem(s) it is still the same....i might have to get the phone service in so i get a subbed box that works then they will need to adjust my signal to suit.

I had a similar issues with SLy Movies 3 - 10, E4+1 and BBC3 missing. I tried 2 enigma images and also a neutrino image and they where all the same. Even when converting my working dbox2 services the channels showed as missing. I bought one of the £8.99 SL1 boosters from argos, turned up the gain to full and scanned again on neutrino image and all channels appeared :)

I now get 93 - 95% signal on all channels (i was only getting 68% on the ones I was missing - 95% on the ones that was working).

I dont get any break up on any channels at all and found that scanning for channels was 50% quicker when using the booster than without!

my box is a chinese clone and not an original dreambox btw

I havent yet tried an enigma image with the booster to say wether its an neutrino v's enigma problem so cant comment on that bit.

thanks to all the people who helped me with my dreambox setup you have all been great :)

regards

q2

Sorry to jump on back of this post...some of you may rememeber the problems i had for ages with getting discovery to work, i bought one of the cheap boosters from argos, turned up full this done the job. i was happy.

Over the last week i have been playing with four modems attaining download speeds of over 30mb, i have only used it download a couple of films from new but i noticed that i have lost ALL sky sports and sky movies and discovery and even some free to air channels...i am wondering if they have spotted what i was doing and have moved me right down the bottom of the peg board, i have tried rescanning to, i get all the epg info but just no picture or a very blocky picture....or maybe this is the start of branson tinknering with the system ? Even when i disconnected the modem(s) it is still the same....i might have to get the phone service in so i get a subbed box that works then they will need to adjust my signal to suit.

If aint paying anything its tough really,suspect though you've got too much hooked up to your feed,doubt you've been moved down a peg?they would have disconnected you altogether.
Subbing a fone won't help,you need to get a cable service,tv or bb.

I currently pay for internet only, if i get thier phone service in as well i am entitkled to a free stb for bog standard tv,which i would assume should be ready for me to recieve if i want, premium channels.

TBH i'm subbed to tv and bb,whether or not that gives me a better signal who knows?
Have you tried complaining about your bb service,they may just tweak your signal.

Back