signal problem

dvdvideo

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have been trying to install wireless network, I have a pc upstairs that has broadband conected, then I have a pc downstair that I want to get the internet.

now I have installed everything correctly, but the pc downstairs is not picking up the signal. I have checked the signal by using my wireless laptop and I found out that the signal actually dies before if can get to the 2nd pc.

I think the signal is bouncing of the wall as they are made of stone. the reason i say this is that when using the laptop i have noticed a frequent chage in the signal strenghth even if the laptop is stable. Any ideas how I can resolve this issue?

I have i tried that too if I put the AP in the middle of the two then the signal is very in consistant as if it is bouncing od the wall. will boosting the signal be a solution I doubt it though as it already is running at full.

or as alternative:
get a telephone extension and move the router between the two or just try moving the router elsewhere in the room, wireless can be weird like that, something like a boiler could be blocking the signal or if you have an alarm system.

I have tried moving the AP but the signal is still not consistant, I know there is no boiler as I have used the AP in downstairs. only place I can get a decent signal is when I put the AP almost next to the PC.
I am also thinking of trying another option. There is a telephone connection coming to the rooms with the pcs is there any way I could convert RJ11 to RJ45 and use the telephone cable to get the network.

Or could I dial into the PC with the Broadband from pc downstaies through the phone line?
I hope I am making sense!!

M8 I have mine in the loft and one PC in the bedroom, and one in the downstairs, and i get full signal from all, I can even go out into the car with my laptop, I think you have a faulty rooter m8.

I have tried both an acess point as well as tried my router. I dont think if anything is faulty. will try another router just to make sure. Thanks

Back