Signal Boosters (again, sorry!)

ajones1722

Inactive User
Reaction score
I know its been done to death but can anyone give a definitive answer on whether signal boosters from places like Maplin/Argos actually work?
There's been conflicting advise previously on this forum, some reckon they work whilst others say they make the signal even weaker! I went to maplins on satdee and the guy there said they don't have a booster for cable tv. They had them for terrestial analogue and digital which also said satellite tv but not cable. Would I be right in thinking that if they work for sat they should work for cable?
Ive seen some 'equalisers' on ebay that claim to resolve signal loss over long cable runs, anyone know how effective these are?

i got one from maplins, its actuallly being used on the box downstairs, without it we get no sky movies or music, with it we get everything so i would say it works.

cant remember model number but it is a gray sort of plug in adaptor, unit goes straight into plug socket if that makes sense. about £12 i think it was.

uses rf connectors not coax i think.

naijishi said:
i got one from maplins, its actuallly being used on the box downstairs, without it we get no sky movies or music, with it we get everything so i would say it works.
cant remember model number but it is a gray sort of plug in adaptor, unit goes straight into plug socket if that makes sense. about £12 i think it was.
uses rf connectors not coax i think.

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try.

Back