iPhone shsh backups

dilly1066

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hiya guys,
im wondering about my shsh files, i saved my 3.1.3 files my self threw that autoshsh program, also saved on cydia, but cydia says its got 4.0 and 4.0.1 shsh files for my device but ive never been on 4.0 or 4.0.1 firmware, but i also used umbrella to get them files off cydia and they came off it dint say it was an error and the files werent there, so im wondering if that is possible ? can cydia have them shsh files when i havent upgraded to them firmwares before ? thanks

Just checked and mine is exactly the same mate. I have never been on 4.0 or 4.0.1 either, but it has SHSH files saved on cydia for those fws.

So it must be correct then int it, i did abit of reading up on it and i read cydia can do that but wasnt 100 per cent sure, thanks mate

I don't think its correct as apple signs the blobs and thats what it is. If you have never been on it i doubt it can get but again i am not 100%!

does this sound correct to anyone who knows about this stuff abit better,
just been reading that when you click make your life easier in cydia it stores your ecid and requests your shsh files from apple, so thats how it can get shsh files for firmware you havent been on yet, ??

conflicting stories as i have 3.1.2, 3.1.3 and 4.0, which i have had on my iphone but not 4.01 so in my opinion it must do . as my 4.0.1 is saved

by the way the 2 lads in the post know there stuff mate.

Last edited:
no i dint mean it like that biffo, when i was writing it i was just copying it from something i had read so i meant someone who knows better than me, as im no expert, thats what i meant

I have them on my cydia, and I have never been on anything bar 3.1.2 and 3.1.3. I am not going to post and say I have them if I haven't, I will post a picture to prove it if you wish, and I know categorically, I have never been on higher fw than 3.1.3.

no i dint mean it like that biffo, when i was writing it i was just copying it from something i had read so i meant someone who knows better than me, as im no expert, thats what i meant

no worries mate

Mine is the same on cydia but i only ever had 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 never been on 4 yet

I have them on my cydia, and I have never been on anything bar 3.1.2 and 3.1.3. I am not going to post and say I have them if I haven't, I will post a picture to prove it if you wish, and I know categorically, I have never been on higher fw than 3.1.3.

Mine are exactly the same, never been higher than 3.1.3 and it says it has 4.0 and 4.01. It was only last week that I noticed it on Cydia saying make life easier so I did click it and thats what happened.

anyone know what "this device has a TSS request" mean?

the server
has stopped grabbing ECID's .If you did not press the Make my life easier prior to Apple removing the signing of IPSW 3.1.2, the SHSH for 3.1.2 did not get saved. The Apple signing as to be active for that to work.

It was shortly after 3.1.3 was released that Apple withdrew the signing of the 3.1.2 firmware.

Cydia will say it has a pending request forever since Apple is no longer signing the old firmware, the request can't even be completed. or you could be in a queue
means that you have request on Cydia for them to save your SHSH Blobs. Nothing dangerous In a while it will go away if your lucky and it will say: This device has SHSH on file for:

What fw are u on @ the mo?

the server
has stopped grabbing ECID's .If you did not press the Make my life easier prior to Apple removing the signing of IPSW 3.1.2, the SHSH for 3.1.2 did not get saved. The Apple signing as to be active for that to work.

It was shortly after 3.1.3 was released that Apple withdrew the signing of the 3.1.2 firmware.

Cydia will say it has a pending request forever since Apple is no longer signing the old firmware, the request can't even be completed. or you could be in a queue
means that you have request on Cydia for them to save your SHSH Blobs. Nothing dangerous In a while it will go away if your lucky and it will say: This device has SHSH on file for:

What fw are u on @ the mo?

Im on fw 4.0 (was on the phone when i got it)

I've saved the SHSH blobs both on cydia and got them on my computer, was my first time doing it and tbh i got curious with what the "start STT server" button did when i was in umbrella
When i first loaded up Cydia on the iphone i did press the "Make my life easier" thing.

This is my first try doing it really, so might of done a noob boob lol. What do you think, any long term issues or can i still just carry on with it and will sort itself out in time?
As if it's gonna cause problems, i could upgrade to 4.0.1 and then do it again

Im on fw 4.0 (was on the phone when i got it)

I've saved the SHSH blobs both on cydia and got them on my computer, was my first time doing it and tbh i got curious with what the "start STT server" button did when i was in umbrella
When i first loaded up Cydia on the iphone i did press the "Make my life easier" thing.

This is my first try doing it really, so might of done a noob boob lol. What do you think, any long term issues or can i still just carry on with it and will sort itself out in time?
As if it's gonna cause problems, i could upgrade to 4.0.1 and then do it again

wont cause u a prob mate .worst case u will be stuck on 4.o but its jailbroken so happy dayz , totally up to u if u wanna upgrade to 4.0.1 , really if u happy stay where u are.

Last edited:
wont cause u a prob mate .worst case u will be stuck on 4.o but its jailbroken so happy dayz , totally up to u if u wanna upgrade to 4 , really if u happy stay where u are.

Cheers for that m8, put my mind at easy, thought i messed it up lol

With regards to the SHSH blobs this is what Jay Freeman (saurik) wrote in his blog.

What's the point of TinyUmbrella if we have Cydia?

Cydia requires you to be jailbroken before you can run it. So how can you click the 'Make my life easier' button to have Cydia save your SHSH IF you cannot get to the application? The answer? You cannot.

When the iPad came out in April 2010 there was no jailbreak publicly available for the device. Also, there were rumors that Apple may close some security holes and release a firmware update. The ONLY way those individuals could get their SHSH files saved was to use TinyUmbrella. TinyUmbrella has the following advantages in this situation:

1. Device does NOT need to be Jailbroken in order to save SHSH
2. It does not matter what firmware version is on the device TinyUmbrella will get the currently signed firmware by default.
3. TinyUmbrella saves the file locally AND sends the request to Cydia so Cydia will have the SHSH as well.

4. If Cydia's TSS server is down, your only option will be to use TinyUmbrella for restoring through iTunes.

Bullet point's 2 and 3 says it all regarding firmware versions stored within cydia

Back